• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems installing windows xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tru2ya

Currently i have 2 hard drives, a cd burner and cdrom, 2 network cards, sb pci 128 along with everything else thats in my sig. After windows partitions my drive, formats, copies files, the next time it reboots the windows logo comes up for a second and then a blue screen message. I didnt right out the whole message yet because i don't if its that important, maybe its a common message which can be determined by the first 2 paragraphs:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Unmountable_Boot_Volume

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:"

Then it goes on and talks about disable or removing new software or hardware you may have installed ect...
Then has some error code and the bottom.

OC Detective

Did you format using NTFS or FAT32 - also what windows version are you using? Actually this problem will probably get a better response in the storage forum!

Last edited:
OP
T

Tru2ya

Guys, thanks anyways its cool now. :) I found out what the problem was. See when you get to that part where it tells you to press F6 for raid well I always got into a habbit of pressing F7 because i know that disables ACPI(windows IRQ sharing). For some reason my video was unstable sharing an IRQ in my previous system. But anyways i didnt press anything this time and let it do its job. Everything now works fine. ;)