• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with 4PCA3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimedog

My friend just brought over his new system which includes this board.
Cpu-z reported the vcore at about 1.48v, so being an abit user I found this normal. I went into bios and raised vcore by +.1v and went back into windows. Nothing had changed in cpu-z. Strange. I can't for the life of me get it to adjust the voltage, any ideas?

Papa_Legba

Don't just go by what the voltage is reported to be. My 4PCA3+ reports voltage on my vcore to be 1.45 and my system is rock stable. The motherboard has a habit of displaying voltages incorrectly. My 12 volt and 5 volt rails show .5 volts or so less than they should be too, but my multimeter tells me that even though it says my +5 is 4.7, my actual voltage is 5.02.

My advice would be to test the system with prime, memtest, 3dmark, whatever suits your fancy and if it's stable, don't worry about some wrong voltage reporting. I don't and my system is rocking right now.

OP
crimedog

crimedog

Well the problem isn't that it's not stable at stock speeds, because it is. With that voltage it'll go to about 210 fsb. Obviously, we want to give it stock voltage or more so we can get a lot higher.
Are there any settings in BIOS, for example, that would inhibit the VCore being changed?

oc_newbee

The reason why, cpu-z is reading the voltage of the VAGP. Mine is also doing the same thing, If you change your Vagp voltage you'll see it changes in cpu-z. There nothing to worry about, I know a few other peeps are getting the same thing. It's something to do with cpu-z and this board. Check your Vcore on USDM that came in the CD or used MBM5 or something you trust in reading temp, voltage, etc.

Quagabow

Yeah...I found that cpu-z problem out so i installed mbm5. Is anyone having problems with the cpu temp in MBM5? Once i set winbond 2 sensor (alarms turned off or on) it instantly starts to beep and then the computer turns off. If there is another temp monitoring program people found better that would be great. Also, it is odd since the sensor does report the proper temp of the cpu in bios. If anyone can help me out that would be great. Thanks.

oc_newbee

Quagabow said:
Yeah...I found that cpu-z problem out so i installed mbm5. Is anyone having problems with the cpu temp in MBM5? Once i set winbond 2 sensor (alarms turned off or on) it instantly starts to beep and then the computer turns off. If there is another temp monitoring program people found better that would be great. Also, it is odd since the sensor does report the proper temp of the cpu in bios. If anyone can help me out that would be great. Thanks.

Iam using the utility that came with the cd. It's called USDM, and it pretty neat I guess.

SPQQKY

None of the utilities I have used have been very good, even USDM (which give the most accurate BIOS readings) will load on a reboot, but once I open it, it closes and I have to search for it in my C: drive to get it started again. I am using the latest MBM5 although I really don't trust it. I used a multimeter and the BIOS and utilities read lower than what it is actually set at. I posted a screen shot of cpu-z to show my OC and someone freaked when they saw vcore of 1.89v....it was what I set my vagp to. :)

fhpchris

Spqqky, can you give more information about your overclock?

I am having problems with my 2.4C, not wanting to OC what it used to...