• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with ghost recon!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

I am getting some serious problems playing ghost recon, with my setup can it be done and if so how to do it? Here is my problem: whenever i load the game, I can play for about 2-3 minutes then the whole computer locks up and i have to hard boot it. I have reinstalled 3 sets of vid drivers (am now on the 9019 set), anyone know what i can do to play this game? Btw I am playing the demo version to see if I even want to spend the 30$ on the game. As of right now I dont think I want it. Thank you

OP
Dougan

Dougan

Yessir

I have removed it, reinstalled it still the same. No overclock here, I have also tried other 3d games like Undying and it does the same thing I get gpf (general protection faults) in that game. Is my vid card dying?

Gimps

If it locks in all your games something is dying or you have too much heat under load causing your system to freeze. I don't know if it'll influence your decision to buy, but GR absolutely rocks! I've played R6, RS, and GR and although RS multiplayer is the better of the 3, GR has some great single player action, and the Desert Siege expansion is out soon!

Trap

Well...there are two patches for the full version of the game till now and they are 33 and 44 Mb big and they fix all of the technical problems of that kind...so if u like this kind of the game and ur willing to gamble buy it cuz i can't stop playin it ;)
p.s. i just bought Desert Siege addon :)