• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with IE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maximo

Registered
The last few days I've been having a problem with IE. It wont open alot of sites I frequent alot, and have been in the past few years with no problems. When I try opening sites, they load for 2-3 sec. then IE opens a page that says,

DNS ERROR

The web site you have attempted to visit does not exist.

Please wait while you are redirected.

If you are not redirected within 5 seconds, please click here.

It then directs me to this isearch page which I then try doing the search there and it doesnt work. I know MLB and ESPN.com exist, and these are just a few than dont work, but some do??? How do I get my favorite sites to work again? Why is this happening? Could someone help?

Come on guys - good answers please!

He obviously has a Malware infection - he needs to run spybot and adaware, CWShredder and hijack this to solve the problem. These can be downloaded, just search on google. You should run them in windows safe mode to ensure everything is able to be removed.

Firefox may cover up the problem for a time, but it can also be vulnerable to some problems.

Drec said:

Unfortunately, most users think that this is the ultimate cure for everything. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have some kind of Malware infection. Try running Spybot SnD, Ad-aware and CWShredder.

Personally, it sounds like a CWS trojan to me. Grab a copy of CWShredder and see if that fixes your problem.

IMOG said:
Firefox may cover up the problem for a time, but it can also be vulnerable to some problems.

I've also noticed that many users now just say 'Use Firefox' when threads like this come up, rather than offering useful information or tips on helping to resolve the user's actual problem.

It's like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound. It'll help for a while . . . at least until the problem gets so bad that you have to format. If you nip the problem in the bud before it become uncontrollable, then you'll be better off.

I'd rather get sutures in a bullet wound, than a bandaid, tyvm.

Running Spybot,Adaware, hijack, and Anti Virus were the first things I did, maybe I should've mentioned that. Well after starting to get really ****ed I looked around that isearch page IE kept bring me to, to see if there was anything ther. Well there was, an uninstall of isearch, so gave it a try and everything is back to normal. thank anyways guys and gals.

Back