• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with NF7-S & Radeon 9500pro....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coul0049

Registered
Hey all,

I have tried everything to fix my problem im having with my new rig and i was just wondering if anyone here would have any ideas on what i could do to fix it. The prob is that my system either reboots or crashes to the desktop when ANY game is played. It is very annoying to say the least...

I have Windows XP Pro installed and i have reinstalled three times trying to fix it. I have tried directx 9.0a and 8.1 (built into XP) and 8.1b. Ive also tried cat drivers 3.2, 3.1, as well as the latest sapphire ones and the sapphire ones that came on the cd...

I have managed to get through 3dmark 2001se once only, now it too crashes mid-way through.

ANY advice would be appreciated!!!
Thanks

yes, actually it does seem to work flawlessly without cpu overclock.... although im not sure why. my timings didnt matter also, i changed them while still overclocked and it didnt make a difference.

just dont get it....i see so many people here in the forums with the same hardware combo i have and getting stable o/c's.... temperature is not a factor either....idleing at 41 degrees, under stress at 50 degrees....

It seems to be your power supply, if the system works stable when the CPU is not overclocked!;)
Try another PSU and see if it works then.
You have to keep in mind, that both the Tbred-B and the Radeon are very power hungry!:)

thanks all for the replies....

actually i was wondering if it could be the psu, but ive seen others with a similar setup to mine and not having troubles. if thats what it is, then it must be very minor because the comp is rock solid in everything except games....

i new i would need lots of power, but more than 350w?? this is an antec ps also, not a generic....oh well i tried!

Usually the culprit for random reboots is either ram or the PSU. I would say a good 95% thats where the problem lies. A power hungry card like that in that rig could possibly give you some problems.
What kind of PS are you running?

its an antec psu that came with the lanboy case. 350watt. its a model SL-350, (+5v - 35A), (+12v - 16A), (+3.3v - 28A).

i always though anything over 12A on the 12v rail was good enough....

Back