• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Radeon 8500 and Powerstrip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rave

Registered
I use powerstrip to change resolutions for games on my Radeon 8500. Until recently this has not been a problem.

Over the last few days I have had lockups (hard lock) with looping sound when I have been playing quake3 for about 1 minute sometimes sooner. Now after alot of testing and rolling back everything to default etc. I even completely re-installed Windows XP on another drive new drivers for the radeon and nothing else installed except powerstrip. Delted my q3config file and it created a brand new one as if the game had never been run.

Still the same thing. So I remove powerstrip and the problem goes away.

The thing is I have not changed anything in Powerstrip or on my pc, it just started making my PC lockup. Now I really want to use powerstrip because it allows me many resolution at many custom refresh rates that Windows etc does not like 115HZ in 1024 x 768...

Any ideas? Maybe another program that will allow me to create custom refresh rates for each resolution.

OP
R

Rave

Registered
Have tried r3dtweak but it does not let me use refresh rate like 115