• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with voltage of 12v in a7n8xe- dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got mine at a local computer show, for like $90 maybe 1.5 to 2 years ago.
lots of places online sell 'em. *(I take it you haven't checked the Power supply area of the forum yet ;):D) http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42
Newegg, Jab-tech to name a few...

tip: head over to http://www.pricewatch.com and you can pretty get a good idea on prices for the very cheap PSUs, all the way to the best PSUs on earth :)D;)unfortunately alien tech is not for sale;):D).

it's pretty straightforward as far as searching. wattage, brand, etc.
you'll also get manufacturer links, so you can do some research at the same time. then you can narrow things down once you know what you want.

i have same problem ,my 12v is showed by asus probe to be 13.3v and sumtimes reaches 13.6v .... this is 2 much even for specs..
can it damage the fan ? :bang head
help :confused:

Last edited:
is the 12v line the only one that's reading waay off?
look above for the link to get the latest version of PC Probe, BIOS etc.. see if the volts are the same.

also try to measure with multimeter to verify what PC Probe says
also check the volts at idle and load.
if you have alot of fans you may want to disconnect them and re-measure as you re-connect them.

if the voltages stray too far, it could damage your motherboard. let alone a $3 fan. ;)

yepp , other values of voltages and temperatures are all ok ..
i got the latest probe ( 2.23.01 ) but the 12v line is always on 13.3v
:mad:

Last edited:
i dont have it ..
i tried checkin values with mbm 5 and it says +12.59 and -13.15 on first launch ,
mbm shows also [ fan 2 ] which should be the fan of the case i guess and it says 6750/6887 RPM ... isnt that high ?

MBM is not correct too, you need to use a multimeter!

Sometimes the fans are configured to show two times more than your realy speed. Just enter in the MBM and configure it.

I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. For it board MBM5 reads the ASB100 sensor for voltages. It used the voltage.ini file in the data directory to calibrate the readings. In this file there are two calibration sets for the ASB100 sensor. In the MBM5 setup I selected the "ASB100 Standard 2" one because it more closely matches the voltages in the BIOS and ASUS Probe.

If you were to use a good digital voltmeter you might be able to come up with more accurate calibration values than are in in voltage.ini file.

You also have to remember that the votage values are read from a one byte register. It only has a range from 0 to 255. That is why the voltages seem to jump in discrete steps. A one bit change in the register translates to a fixed number of millivolts in the display.

Back