• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

processor comparison guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

I have not been keeping up with processors lately as well as I used to and have been looking for a new laptop. With all the new AMD and intel processors out there it is hard to tell how they compare with each other.
Does anyone know of a good guide out there ? I know we used to have one here for video cards that was great but that was several years ago.

OP
hkgonra

hkgonra

Tried that already, in fact toms was my first place to check. They are all outdated.

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/ has a bunch of bar graphs to look at for side-by-side comparison of different chips. They go all the way back to the AMD K6. It's for a proprietary benchmark program, though, and processor scores are represented as a single integer. You'll have to do research on FSB speed and cache size yourself.

dropadrop

I would'nt trust Toms hardware charts, though I have not looked at them for years they used to be extremely biased often testing features in applications that drove their agenda.