• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Production may be down a bit.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
My 1080 FE card failed the other day, but reinstalling the driver seem to work. Rebooted today, and it failed again. Reinstalling didn't work.

This card has been running stock only, no overclock.

So, I moved it from secondary card to primary card.

This is what I got when installing drivers.

failed.jpg

Time for RMA
 
OP
torin3

torin3

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Ok, to follow up on this a bit. It looks like some of the current drivers don't like this card. Current = 378.xx on Win 10 pro x64 with some older motherboard hardware.

I installed the 368 drivers and it seems to work with those, though our drivers/windows/adobe/other software patching tool updated it tool patched it back up to 378 this morning.

I reinstalled back to 368, but it seems to have updated to a more current version, but not all the way up to 378.xx after a few hours. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it still has problems.

I'm chalking this more up to Win 10 driver weirdness rather than a hardware failure at this point.
 
OP
torin3

torin3

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Down for a different reason.

Pulled my 1070 out last night. Shipped it out today for a step-up to a 1080 Ti. Should get it back within 2 weeks. About 3.2 M PPD until it comes back.

Might buy another Ti while I'm waiting if the twitching gets to be too much.....
 

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Joined
Sep 25, 2015
It may give me time to catch your PPD output...at least temporarily...so, take your time, relax, make sure you get everything installed correctly! :D


 
OP
torin3

torin3

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
I'd need to get at least one more card beyond the extra Ti before I'd be beyond current board capacity. Sorry. And I've still got 2 970s.
 
OP
torin3

torin3

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
3.2M PPD?!

You guys are too much man!

Yeah...I got twitchy. Money moved into the appropriate account from savings. Now I have to decide if I want to get an FE version of the card, or a 2 or 3 fan version.

I should be able to order it tomorrow and get it Monday. Step-up should come in the following week by Friday. That will put me at:

3 1080 Ti
1 1080
2 1070
2 970

Hopefully at least 5 1/4 M PPD assuming no down time or low production WUs. But with 4 cards on one machine that pulls about 700 watts from the wall with just 3 cards, I think I'll set it up with 2 1KWatt PSUs and a power supply splitter.
 

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Joined
Sep 25, 2015
Now you have me contemplating getting another Titan Xp or a 1080 Ti...need a new LGA 1150 motherboard first...
 

Robert17

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2011
Location
Republic of Texas
I've really been struggling to cut loose some bucks to get back where I want to be. Thought I'd put back some bucks to reinvent the wheel and lost my roof to 90 mph winds in a recent Texas spring storm. Insurance = yes, deductible = no. Then had to shell out severel c-notes for an industry conference. Yee haw. And my wife's tranny and ECM took a dump = there goes the fix to unit 2. And we aren't even into the May tornado season. Yippy aye-a. Enough of this silliness. I'm holding my breath.

Sorry bout that guys. Soon enough, soon enough.
 
OP
torin3

torin3

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
1070 Received at EVGA today. They'll probably ship out the step-up Ti via UPS ground in the next day or two, so I'll get that probably Wednesday of next week.

1080 Ti from Newegg looks like it is going to be shipped from CA rather than NJ, so with 3day shipping, that will get here Friday. I'll probably pick up the parts to modify my benching station tonight or tomorrow. I think I've got a 6-32 tap lying around. If not, I'll need to borrow one from work for a day or so. I've got the screws, but I'll need to pick up some angle aluminum.
 
OP
torin3

torin3

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
The non-FE 1080 Ti is at the local FedEx location, but not scheduled for delivery today. Should I go and pick it up?

Got a vet appointment right after work and I have to work tomorrow....so, not a lot of play time at the computer. Probably not worth the extra rushing around and gas money. :(
 

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Joined
Sep 25, 2015
You have to call them to schedule a pickup. If the box is already on a truck, they won't pull it off.


 
OP
torin3

torin3

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
You have to call them to schedule a pickup. If the box is already on a truck, they won't pull it off.

Yeah, I've done it before. The arrival time makes it unlikely that they have loaded it on the delivery truck yet. And the status says not scheduled for delivery yet.

I'm trying to work on my patience.
 
OP
torin3

torin3

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
muhaha.jpg

My daily driver!

And I have another 1080 Ti arriving Tuesday!

A little messy, and I need to blow the dust out, but here it is for the moment:

3cards.jpg
 
Last edited:

Frazier08

Registered
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Location
In this reality
ohhhh Black.... Im waiting on two of those to arrive at my doorstep. went with BH for the free shipping, too bad the stocking date was pushed forward to May 2nd. /sad