• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Production up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Just looked at the weekly stats -production is up by 200 or so points/week over a few days: 9400 approx.
Not enough to outperform Rage3D, but getting better.

Perhaps we should keep track of weekly production, to see how we are doing?

Cluster

so my recruiting just might be working then. Excellent!!!
but i'm curious, how is rage's status. Are they up or down? We should be keeping track of our competitiors, just to make sure they aren't accelerating faster than ourselves.

Tweaked!

Xtreme refugee
Yeah, thats cause I replaced my old p//266 with a celery 500. I didn't think it would raise the stats that much but who am I to argue with the stats;)

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
We are almost on parallel tracks with them. The way it looks, they won't pass us for most of the rest of the year at current production rates. Take away their new top producer and their remaining top ten are the only ones producing over 100 points a week. They drop pretty fast after that.

A few more boxes folding for us regularly and they won't ever catch us.

Perhaps we could spur on those who have gone dormant? We have lots of members with good totals who haven't turned in a point in more than a week. :(

Fold On!

OP
David

David

Forums Super Moderator
We are still getting our butts whipped. But we are climbing steadily in production. At the current rate it will be into July/August before they beat us.

As of 29/03/02 21.00 GMT:

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
One big Edit

....to keep the spammers away.... I was in a moment, wrapped up in the competition, much apologies...

Wedo :D

13 machines (waiting for two to finish their first WU) and counting.....

Last edited:

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
I just ran the numbers in Excel. If current production rates stay exactly as they are right now, it will take Rage3D 26 weeks to pass us.

Come on people, only 37% of our registered members are even folding. How about we get back up to at least 50%?

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
I've been trying to fold through my roommate's dialup, but alas.... won't upload completed WU's. DSL kit is scheduled to come today so hopefully by tomorrow you'll be seeing some results under my name.

I'll also get my dual xeon work box folding tonight, since our software release is passed and performance on my box is no longer being evaluated.

robertm

Well I hope with luck I will be adding my new dual MP to the stats not that it will make us even with rage3d but it cant hurt :) Also will have dual PIII 600s next week to replace two PII 400s so lets keep up the recuiting or new and old team mates.

And once I have my water cooling system figured out and installed in my new system I will be giving away a switftech HS that am using now.

OP
David

David

Forums Super Moderator
Next weekend will be at least 72 hours of pure uninterrupted folding on a Tbird 1100 and K6-2-333.

I suppose 'beat' is a strong word. We have quite a few weeks to catch up, but we had better move fast.

If anyone knows someone in the forum who hasn't been folding for a short while, please PM them and remind them.

I will try and drag as many people into it as possible :D

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
robertm said:
Well I hope with luck I will be adding my new dual MP to the stats not that it will make us even with rage3d but it cant hurt :) Also will have dual PIII 600s next week to replace two PII 400s so lets keep up the recuiting or new and old team mates.

And once I have my water cooling system figured out and installed in my new system I will be giving away a switftech HS that am using now.

Let me know how much, and I'll buy it from you.

JetMech

David said:
We are still getting our butts whipped. But we are climbing steadily in production. At the current rate it will be into July/August before they beat us.

As of 29/03/02 21.00 GMT:
Redo your math David. If we stopped right now and didn't fold another protein it would take approximately 5 months for them to pass us. A lot of guys here will have taken advantage of dropping XP prices by then. They have their work cut out catching us. NEW Team Project. Everyone upgrade to XPs.:D Fold On. :burn: :beer:

walaka7

I have a puter that i repaired for my little brother.. i was about to send it back to the ranch in new mexico.. However, my parents said to hold onto it until they come out in june.. (I built a 1 ghz rig for them for x-mas so its no big deal for this one) Its not much.. just a Pll 400 but what the heck.. its folding for team 32 until june :) no since in letting it stay in the box LOL

FOLD on 32!!!!

BBigJ

JetMech said:
NEW Team Project. Everyone upgrade to XPs.:D Fold On. :burn: :beer:

Personally, I'm waiting for thoroughbred, although I'll admit that the price of the 1800+ is looking very tempting. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be able to pick up a chip at that price with 130nm overclockability.

OP
David

David

Forums Super Moderator
My rig is getting replaced this summer, with a KT266A board and a high end XP (Palomino), once I can aford it that is... :rolleyes:

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
A couple of points from my chair here....

My production is up for a couple of reasons.

First off, William is now Folding for Team 32 again, under my name. He started doing this almost one week ago (3/24).

I replaced the P/// 700E @ 933--Abit SH6 combo in my "3rd rig" with a T-Bird 1.0 GHz @ 1.4GHz--EPoX 8KHA+ combo. I did this about a week before the XP Contest started, and the stats have reflected the significant gains the T-Bird makes over the P///. It's common knowledge that the T-Bird Folds faster than a P/// at the same clock speed, and this T-Bird is almost 500MHz faster than the P/// it replaced. Kinda like the car commercial...zoom, ZOOM, zoom.... :D

I've been getting a steady diet of 5 point WU's for almost a week straight now. The AMD rigs make fairly quick work of these "protien A's"... :cool:

The "sig" below shows my P/// rig back up and Folding, as "Rig 4"...it is not. I've got 2 WU's stranded on that machine, which is down right now, with some problems. I'm short of drives for that rig, and will be swapping in the cd-rom and floppy from one of my first three rigs sometime this weekend, to square it away. I thought it was a bad NIC, but I pulled the NIC out of "Rig 2" last night after it finished a WU to see...nope. And I need to install a cd-rom, as it appears to be a WinME issue. I've been hesitant to make any changes (and there's a bunch of stuff I need to do on these machines) while the XP Contest was running. I was the only one with a shot at catching Gandalf, but the "fat lady" has sung. I've moved up as far as I can go before the contest ends, and I'm maxed out in 2nd place. He still has the potential of moving up 10 more positions in rank... End game. May I be the first to congratulate you Gandalf....enjoy the XP1600, and put it to good use Folding for Team 32....;)

On that note...someone mentioned "Let's see who's been "sandbagging" and who's production drops off after the contest ends." Let me say right now, the first few days of next week, there will be a drop in my points, for a few days, while I square away the PSU, HDD, and other minor issues that have been plaguing my main three machines for a couple of weeks now. So over the naxt few days, I need to do a three way PSU swap, and then run a full diagnostics program on the HDD in "Rig 2", as three times in the last week, it's locked up with a "Cannot write to C: data may be lost or corrupted" BSOD. Might be the drive, might be the IDE cable, might be a WinME thing....gonna take a format to find out....=(

Then, I just got a used cable modem/router, and want to test that out, for when I build the gaming (NASCAR 4) server I want to get running this summer (using the P/// combo).

So if my points drop off after the contest....I'm doing repairs, not "sandbagging"....;)

B.

OP
David

David

Forums Super Moderator
I wish I had 4 rigs folding 24/7 :D
I currently have 3 part timers :)

Current stats:

nil_esh

Mr B said:
On that note...someone mentioned "Let's see who's been "sandbagging" and who's production drops off after the contest ends."

Its probably gonna look like I was sandbagging (whatever that means).. But I'm hanging out at a friends place this weekend. She's got a T-Bird 1.4 that folds for me, but its on dialup. I'm making sure it gets the WU's turned in right after they're finished. She's also got an Athlon 1 ghz notebook that normally doesn't fold, but is this weekend. I'm turning in a ton of WU's this weekend. A temporary increase is better than no increase, right?

Anyways, the contest has been fun. I'm higher up in rank than I thought I'd be which is cool. Whoever takes the XP1600 congrats! Fold on!

OP
David

David

Forums Super Moderator
nil_esh! Fantastic idea! Laptops.
Quiet, cool, and reasonably fast.... *idea forms in head*

walaka7

Im gonna go through a tear down as well.. i got some answers and drivers from creative that will hopefully resolve my sound card issues.. also i need to prep my board for my crossover into the extreme cooling deminsion..(Im probably gonna blow the rig apart trying to do this).. If by a slim chance my phase shift project is successful i will be able to contribute more for the team Dont ask me why this is not good enough for a newbie clock job, but in my taditional past, i always pushed up to and beyond my abilities.. i can see this is going to be no different :) Its a sick disease i have, but i know im surrounded by others with the same illness and its worth gambling my rig to get my fix :D

Just think, there is a chance for success as any broken watch is right twice a day and i always say "One's biggest failure is no attempt at all"... By the end of april i will either be :clap: or :cry:

Heres to all those that push things to the edge and beyond :beer: :beer: