• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project "Don't Screw This Up"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, there has been a lot of discussion about why I don't just put the radiator in the pump box. Yes there is wasted space, but there is still not enough room to fit it without it being close enough to the pump to heat soak from the heat the pump is putting off. If you have never used an Iwaki you might not understand, but these things put off some heat. The case is not wide enough to fit the rad on either side of the pump so it would have to go above it (the bottom of the original case). If mounted there I would either be pulling hot air off an 8800GT or the pump (which would pump more hot air into the case) to run through the rad. Not to mention that with any fans on it the rad would pretty much rest right on top of the pump.

Any questions?

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

Second card showed up today!

Thanks ViperJohn:thup: I highly recommend his work.

VJGTs001.jpg
VJGTs002.jpg

I figure the blue and green PCBs will end up looking pretty good in my blue and green theme.

Second card showed up today!

Thanks ViperJohn:thup: I highly recommend his work.

VJGTs001.jpg
VJGTs002.jpg

I figure the blue and green PCBs will end up looking pretty good in my blue and green theme.

That blue PCB card looks so cool. There is something about color contrast between the
black mod parts and that color blue PCB that stands out down right pretty to my old eyes.

I agree, and it is actually a shame that it is not going in a Lian Li or other "reversed" case where the top side would be displayed. It is a very tight fit in there too. I got them mounted up last night and the bottom one is mm from touching the bottom of the case.

yoooooooo thats sickkkkkkkkkk .... thats what i call building a computer.....nice bro....NICE...now i gtg to radio shack.... but i just wanted to say its sweet before i left =)

Thanks for the great reaction Sndm3mny. Here is to you for helping me remember why I try to take my time with the details :beer:

All the cabling is done, and what a PITA it was. This PCP&C reminded me why I love modular PSUs so much. Now all that is left is to finish plumbing the water loop.

RebirthofBlue009.jpg
RebirthofBlue008.jpg

As a bonus on this update here is a sneak peek at another mod that I have going with a friend of mine right now. The case is an Antec P182, but this is all you get for now. I will post the finished job in the case mod gallery.

Lambo.jpg

I was able to get a little more done tonight before giving up. The fact that I was helping Cassie (the ex) through her first XP install didn't speed things up any. She has just built herself a new PC 99% on her own with my supervision.

120.1 that I am adding in the pump box:

DSCF0065.jpg
DSCF0066.jpg
DSCF0069.jpg

Water loop is about 2/3 finished now:

DSCF0070.jpg

After some messing with it I was able to finish the beast tonight. Earlier this evening I started filling the loop and leak checking. During this time I had to leave to help get that Lambo case finished so I didn't get to start the OS install until after midnight. Keep in mind I am trying to have this ready to make an appearance at a LAN in the morning. This was my first attempt at setting up Raid, but I think I got it. This was also my first Vista install. I got a great deal on it so I figured I would give it a shot. Unfortunately it had issues with the DVD drive, and I realized I set it for the wrong Raid so I decided to just start over. No problems from that point on though, so wish me luck today...luck that I will not pass out and miss the whole LAN from lack of sleep.

blue.jpg
blue004.jpg

Almost all the air has worked it's way out of the lines. Oh what a difference a T line makes. Back to installing and updating.

Stick a fork in it he is done. Now that Blue is back up and running I have decided I have done enough with this rig. So this is the last update aside from answering questions.

Thank you to all who have shown your interest in this project. It has been both a blast, and a pain, but was worth every step ending with yesterdays unveiling at NWALAN.

Lines have bled out nicely, and are currently leak free.

Sorry for the poor quality of the night shots. My camera is junk.

DSCF0082.jpg
DSCF0087.jpg
DSCF0086.jpg
spotlight on RaptorX. The second RaptorX faces out the back of the case so you see the platters on both sides of the case.
DSCF0085.jpg

Last edited:
WOW, that is friggin awesome, I'm a metal smith and I cant even imagine doing that kinda things for a computer setup, but again that is friggin awesome, good luck on getting it all up and running :)

Thanks nasvemos671, it is up and running now but on Vista. I hope to get the bios current and get it switched back over to XP by the end of the week so I can start working on getting a mild OC on the Q6600.

Back