• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project-First mod (need a window design)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
O got every cut for my case I like it. Iam thinking it would cool if you were to put the mesh behind the window to brack up the light.

well the dragon i could probly do, but the big main window would be too big for the mesh, the sheet of it comes in the size of a piece of paper (or a bit bigger)

so i should do the dragon? what should i do on the other side panel?

cuz it would work i think if i put the 2 top rectangle windows on both sides, then a dragon on the other side (where u see the back of the mobo tray) and then on the main side i dunno

so i use this?
080596010621_4.jpg

i have the guide but i think the bit i have is for sheet rock or whatever is used on the walls, could i use the carbide cutter with the guide?

edit: one of my friends said i should make a temple type thing instead of the big window on the bottom part

gahh what do i do on the other side

Last edited:
WOW, at first i thought you cut that dragon... that looks NUTS, definately keep that dragon....

man, i wish i had a dremel... though i guess im too young... if i do get my hands on one, i guess i could be the youngest modder here HEE HEE!!

13 =P

should i do a temple on the bottom side rather then the big square shape thing?

what should i do on the back, should i put the 2 rectanges on top, then a dragon on the back and a temple on the other side? what!!!!

Wow what a sweet design, I'm already envious. How about a moutain range type design or a crescent shape. So it looks like the dragon is actually over something. The temple would be nice but unless you define the inside of it. The design may be lost do to the large inside space of the cutout showing the inside of the case, thereby detracting from it.

ya there wouldnt be too much window if i define the insides, i was thinking just an outline of it maybe

mountains would be a nice idea, but if i make it too simple itll look ghetto, or like teeth or somethin

do the carbide cutters work?

or should i do this?
dualwindow0ot.jpg

and the dragon on the back side panel (the top window is on both sides)

one question, how would i set up the windows? do i use a window for the dragon, and then a window for the big main window or do i just use one large piece?

I would say one piece, however, i was just looking at some other projects on another site, and I found something cool. You engrave into the plastic, then insert LEDs into the sides of the plastic, shining towards the design, and they light it up. It might lok cool with the whole dragon design glowing like that.

ya ive seen a dragon on the bezel, i can do that and it will light up due to the leds on my fan controller, it would be alot easier then shaving out all the plastic and mounting the mesh imo

o well, im sorry i just follow the links that imageshack.us gives me, it says on the site that they are clickable thumbnails to the image but i dunno, they dont work for me either

nah photobucket sucks, it always says limit or bandwidth is exceeded, i can use big images (not thumbnails) but i have so many pics, the reason for the thumbnails is so imageshack doesnt use so much bandwidth

Ok well i went to walmart and spent 98 dollars! i bought sand paper (shoulda gotten a variety pack), spray paint (6 cans), some dremel bits (carbide cutter and diamond set), sanding block, bondo, screws and some other stuff i cant remeber, id get a pick but im too lazy

Soooo anyways i started to cut my dragon window
dragontaped1gc.jpg

dirtycut9iw.jpg

outsidecut7kq.jpg

i only cut that much so far, my discs arent small enough yet

thats all for now

*UPDATE*

kk well i cut some more outta the window
newcut5vr.jpg

newcutoncase3rv.jpg

im hoping to finish on saturday (i gotta wake up early if i wanna finish)

What can i do on the other side? a temple? (need a pic) or maybe the amd logo? i dunno

i also bondoed some crap on my bezel
bondoed1ij.jpg

thats all

*UPDATE*

KK i cut the body of the dragon

dirtybodycut3ix.jpg

bodyonwhite8fu.jpg

bodycutfinal4ev.jpg

I also did the tail and started some of the head, but no pics of it, i also sanded down my bondoed bezel but when i took a dremel to it, it ripped the bondo off. Does it matter if the bezel is really roughed up? cuz ya it got sanded too, but thats good so the paint can stick to it right?

anyways thats all for now, hopefully i can finish at least the dragon tomorow

man the project logs here are sooo slow and un populated

*UPDATE*

kk this was from two days ago

cut the tail and most of the head

headalmostfar4gu.jpg

headalmostclose2dw.jpg

im gonna finish the head later today and maybe finish the arms (doubt it)

and i think ill call it chrome dragon? sounds like its been done though

Back