• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Project Silver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Epic thread-bump. I finished the project up (mostly) the morning before I left for grad school. Needless to say I didn't have time to post any more pics, but here are the last three:

Front fan sleeved:
P10907811.jpg

Sweet custom 3-to-1 fan adapter:
P1090785.jpg

Intake fans all sleeved, installed, and routed:
P1090787.jpg

Right now I'm working on the OC :D BCLK is 210MHz atm. I probably won't push it much higher and see if I can bring the voltage down. 4.4GHz is my aim :D

Sadly I don't have a camera so my iPhone will have to do for now. This is a shot of the finished product :D My max core frequency is about 4.2GHz give or take. I managed to hit 4.3 but with a little too much Vcore for my taste. So I'm working on bringing the memory/uncore up atm. I'm at 1850MHz and going!

photo2.jpg

sick nice job dude

i read the whole project log.

Thanks! Another quick update on my OC progress:

oc1.png

I had it stable at 211x20 = 4220, but with that my memory clock was 1688, so I dropped the bclk to 150 and started again from there. Stable at 4200 core 1800 ram for now and I'm pushing bclk up mhz by mhz. 152 is stable so far but I don't want to push the vcore much higher since my load temps get up to 85 for intense prime95

So I bumped it up to 4228MHz at 1.35Vcore and thats about as high as I can go without bumping up vcore so I'm just gonna try and make it stable here :D

So I bumped it up to 4228MHz at 1.35Vcore and thats about as high as I can go without bumping up vcore so I'm just gonna try and make it stable here :D

:attn: Looking real good bud, keep up the good work!

I remember I had sleeved my cables like that once, I just barely gave the computer away to one of my employees, was a old P4 system :) wish I could sleeve the cables all over again on my new rig but I cant find the time :(

Update:
So the cpu is having errors on one core so I dropped the speed to 4200MHz and I'm going to bump the vcore up a few notches to see if I can't get it perfectly stable.

GPU OC:
oc.gif

I'm not quite as high on the speed/vcore as I want, but my temps are high. I'm going to get some rubbing alcohol in a few days so I can clean off the old TIM and use some AS5

University sucks so I've had no time to get this OC stable. I had to drop my gpu back to stock because it couldn't play WoW without crashing. I'll get back to that after I put some AS5 in place of their stock TIM.

Going back to the CPU now. I was having stability issues at 4.2GHz, but I dropped the memory and uncore speeds and got it through my quick prime95 tests and 20min of the std blend which is more than I ever got through before. I'll try to run this for an hour or two and if its stable I'll work on the memory/uncore :D

Woo! Finally got it stable and passed prime95 for 8 hrs @4205MHz :D

finalOC.png

Next up is putting some AS5 on the gpu!

Nice OC and beautiful case! I wish I had time to do something like that (or a case that is worthy of the attention).

Thanks guys! :D I was going to OC my 5770, but it's not a very happy GPU. I can't get it stable at 925 core even with 1.3V so I'll probably just wait till I pick up a 6950 when it comes out!

hiyas

nice work!

where did you pick up your sleeving and heatshrink for your wires ... im trying to find a good place to get mine from

hiyas

nice work!

where did you pick up your sleeving and heatshrink for your wires ... im trying to find a good place to get mine from
Thanks!

The sleeving I used is the silver kit from moddersmart: http://www.moddersmart.com/

A couple of other places with high quality stuff are Frozen CPU and Performance PC's. Both have good prices and great customer service.

Update time! Picked up a 6950 and unlocked it :D Huge upgrade over the 5770 and the damn card is enormous. It's running at stock 6970 speeds for now and I'll try to OC it this weekend.

From the egg:
IMG_5334.jpg

Card itself is pretty huge:
IMG_5336.jpg

Installed - had to remove the lian-li gpu support thing, but this version has a heavy back plate on it so I'm not worried about card flexing:
IMG_5339.jpg

And unlocked. omnomnom shaders:
unlocked.png

Back