• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Promise TX2000 for Raid 0???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jola

Registered
I want to use a Promise TX2000 for a Raid 0 array using two IBM GXP120 80Gb drives.

Just a simple setup, but preferably with each drive on its own channel. I want to use it for general purpose applications, but also with some video capture/editing/rendering.

I haven't used IDE Raid before. Any comments on this controller? Better alternatives?

Or is the Ultra133 TX2 good enough for my application?

Last edited:
Jola said:
I want to use a Promise TX2000 for a Raid 0 array using two IBM GXP120 80Gb drives.

Just a simple setup, but preferably with each drive on its own channel. I want to use it for general purpose applications, but also with some video capture/editing/rendering.

I haven't used IDE Raid before. Any comments on this controller? Better alternatives?

Or is the Ultra133 TX2 good enough for my application?
No need to get the TX2000 if you are using ATA100 drives, which the IBM's are so save some $$$$$ and get the TX2, same exact thing, just ATA100

nikhsub1, the way I read the specs the TX2 can't do raid it's just an IDE controller card.

Which ties up with funkdamonkman post about upgrading the ordinary (presumably TX2) card.

I'll have a look at the BIOS upgrade option.

Jola said:
nikhsub1, the way I read the specs the TX2 can't do raid it's just an IDE controller card.

Which ties up with funkdamonkman post about upgrading the ordinary (presumably TX2) card.

I'll have a look at the BIOS upgrade option.
There is a TX2 regular PCI IDE card ($15) and a true TX2 raid card (@ $70).

Back