• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pro's and con's of Counter strike being on a console

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sidekick™

Hi,
I'm wondering some of the pro's on con's about CS being on the Xbox and pc. What's your opinion on both formats? What do you think is better? Try to list some pro's and con's. I mean.. I've never played it on Xbox live yet so I have never had the experiance. Less hacking in xbox live? I just want to know some details.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
everything is wrong about it being on a console accept that you can move it aroudn easyer than you could on a pc "if dont liek having to setup my pc alot". anyway more cons about it being on xbox are the controls, i dunno about you but i have great cordination (spelt wrong ) i mena i can work a keyboard a mouse great together, because it was mean to be played liek that, not on a controller. oh yeah... you listeed on good thing about it, the losers cant hack on xbox, but if you cant play well on a controller it dosent make much of a difference.

OP
Sidekick™

Sidekick™

Sweet,
Is there a lot of diffrence in maps and weapons or anything like that? See me, for controls I just take a little time to get use to controls if it's keyboard and mouse or an actual controller.

Koopa_Fett

I just can't imagine playing CS on a console. Just the whole aiming bit must be a nightmare. I mean, can you even adjust your sensitivity?

DaveSauce

CS on computer:

Pros:
Costs $10 to get started, free after that
Extremely precise aiming with mouse.
Higher resolution (hl engine can handle 1600x1200, TV is 640x480)
Access to hundreds of custom maps, skins, models, etc.
50,000+ players on at any given time, thousands of servers to choose from.

Cons:
HL engine old, outdated.
Hackers online

CS on XBOX:

Pros:
Looks good, updated maps and skins
No hackers/cheaters

Cons:
$50 to begin with, additional cost per month for online play
Imprecise aiming with controller
Downloadable content limited by creators

It's clear to me....PC is the winner. CS for XBOX is for people who can't afford a computer....but then again, CS will run on a $300 computer.....so in the long run, CS is cheaper on PC.

Rocko[DPC]

I wouldn't say that the xbox CS will have no hackers. It doesnt yet sure. But someone will find a way. And when they do, it'll be just like the PC. Even if it seems impossible, the cheaters will find a way to cheat.

And cant you use a USB mouse + keyboard on the xbox anyway?

OC Noob

I've talked to a few people in game stores who say they like it better then the PC version and one of the clerks said the people he talked to say the same.

Not sure if I really believe it, but maybe the new gfx add a bit of life to it and the controller may add a bit of challange to someone who has mastered the mouse/keyboard and needs a challange.

I guess its flying off the shelf, but thats probably due to all CS hype.

amazon10x

The HUGE gripe I have about CS on XBox is that you can only adjust global sensitivity, you can't do vertical and horizontal independintly (sp?). This leads to when you look down a ladder and someone comes flying up it takes _forever_ to look back up and by that time your dead. If you max sensitivity then you have 0 accuracy in aiming. They also took out some of my favorite maps (can't think of them for now).

YellowDart

Alucard said:
They;re charging 50 for it not 60, and you can download it free for pc.

Oni is in Canada dood. It's prolly more expensive there.

I never got into CS at all... *ducks flying objects* My 'puter @ the time was too slow to run it. 'Sides, I was too busy being cool and partying way too much. ;) Wish I would'a gotten into it earlier when it was new and there were less hackers and people who call themselves "-='[1337_5/\/1p3r_12345]=-" that nail me w/ a headshot the second I spawn. =P

YellowDart

Ouch! That's too 'spensive. I'll take the older PC version over the X-Box version. I haven't heard many great things about it...

turbodeuce

Registered
I haven't played the xbox version yet.. but all you ppl with gripes about using a controller, haven't you ever played halo? There are some pretty crazy halo players out there. Just cause you're used to a keyboard and mouse doesn't mean a controller can't work also.