• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROS I need your help with a first time new build (GOOD gaming/medium vid edit)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd rather you donate that $20 to charity than throw it at fancy LED fans that you're never going to think about again a week after you got them. Hell, I'm younger than you are, I shouldn't be telling you this. If you can't control your spending now, you're ***ed when you get older.

Oh boy here we go! I see a kid who is at home sitting there with is nice rig and too the looks of it that has a lot of lights inside it as well! But besides the point! Your smarter than half the kids your age and that's a plus dude but when i have a job and perhaps you may or may not you get a paycheck and when that comes along you get the great feeling of spending your money on thigns that you want! Heck yeah i have bought some stupid stuff in my life, no doubt there but maybe that fan will make my friends go like OMG dude that's awesome its a social presige thign to make it look nice if i put in over a grand in my build i want it to look nice and presentable therefore having a nice fan with some LEDs on it to make it look nice and again presentable is what i'm looking for! Understood? Awesome thanks, but again your damn smart for your age and i acutaly respect that and also i'm not f*cked i'm set i know how to manage my money and set aside for what i can and cannot get. :bday:

okay guys i'm not looking for enemys because i found you smart guys and to be honest i think its pretty awesome you know so much and your right looking at those pictures made me laugh so +1 :) Anyways i'll take the fans out and add LEDS +2

Oh boy here we go! I see a kid who is at home sitting there with is nice rig and too the looks of it that has a lot of lights inside it as well! But besides the point! Your smarter than half the kids your age and that's a plus dude but when i have a job and perhaps you may or may not you get a paycheck and when that comes along you get the great feeling of spending your money on thigns that you want! Heck yeah i have bought some stupid stuff in my life, no doubt there but maybe that fan will make my friends go like OMG dude that's awesome its a social presige thign to make it look nice if i put in over a grand in my build i want it to look nice and presentable therefore having a nice fan with some LEDs on it to make it look nice and again presentable is what i'm looking for! Understood? Awesome thanks, but again your damn smart for your age and i acutaly respect that and also i'm not f*cked i'm set i know how to manage my money and set aside for what i can and cannot get. :bday:

Let's get this straight right now. Your asking us for help and advice, we're giving you it.

Also, puckr, if you really want to make your friends go WOW get a case with a nice side panel. Get a nice big full tower with cable management, make it look clean. That will make them much more impressed than some blue leds that they can't see.

Also, puckr, if you really want to make your friends go WOW get a case with a nice side panel. Get a nice big full tower with cable management, make it look clean. That will make them much more impressed than some blue leds that they can't see.

+3
I'll take a note of that and i'm being serious! I like that idea!

Hell, if you need a computer to get social cred, you have bigger issues than what parts to buy.

I never bought extra lights, those came stock in my case, and I even added a switch to them, usually leave it off. I'll also admit that my rig was built before I learned more about computers and I regret a lot of the purchases I made at that point in time.

Hell, if you need a computer to get social cred, you have bigger issues than what parts to buy.

I never bought extra lights, those came stock in my case, and I even added a switch to them, usually leave it off. I'll also admit that my rig was built before I learned more about computers and I regret a lot of the purchases I made at that point in time.

+1. Good wire management skills and a window is going to look better anyway.

I'm with yah bud, I was a console and saw the Physx premier for Borderlands 2, told my dad I want the 8 core, he set me up with a $800 rig, should've read into it much more than just ooooh power.:eek:

Well put pal! If i seamed like an troll or a penis i'm not trying to be or acutall meant to seam like that and this is to anybody that reads it!
i'm taking your advice and keeping the fans out.

But in all serious i don't need any other fans even to make the overall quality better to reduce heat?

I took a class freshmen year at my school...and the teacher was, frankly, an idiot. I took over teaching that class for the 3 years after that.

No, the case comes with enough fans. That case (along with most of Fractal Designs' cases) is also built to be as quiet as possible, it's not necessarily optimized for performance. Hence the door with the sound dampening foam, etc.

Well put pal! If i seamed like an troll or a penis i'm not trying to be or acutall meant to seam like that and this is to anybody that reads it!
i'm taking your advice and keeping the fans out.

But in all serious i don't need any other fans even to make the overall quality better to reduce heat?

In all honesty, no. A case that small you don't need 90cfm to get good airflow through the tiny thing.

I took a class freshmen year at my school...and the teacher was, frankly, an idiot. I took over teaching that class for the 3 years after that.

No, the case comes with enough fans. That case (along with most of Fractal Designs' cases) is also built to be as quiet as possible, it's not necessarily optimized for performance. Hence the door with the sound dampening foam, etc.

dude i respect that when kids outsmart their teachers and whatnot i find that just amazing! Anyways now i'm worried that i'm not getting the right GPU because all this PhysX Talk ... You set me up with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 and now i see this talk about its bad or the PhysX is bad and the other GPU is better... :bang head gosh i wish i understood computers in more detailed form

Borderlands 2 is a relatively biased game. They have a partnership with NVIDIA, and it's going to run better on a NVIDIA card, even if the AMD card is technically more powerful.

What I'm saying is across a wide variety of games, the 7970 beats the 670, performs almost the same as a 680. There are specific games that contradict this trend though.

May i see a link to this 7970? please i might change my mind and go with that? So i'll be able to play SimCity on High settings correct? (Now thats a joke)

Sim games are actually fairly CPU (not GPU) intensive because of all the AI calculations. :p

I have an entire build posted a few pages ago with a 7970 in it...

It is true that the 7970 is the most powerful single gpu card on the market for most games, but the fact is is that physx looks so nice and is the only reason I have a 580.:thup:

It is true that the 7970 is the most powerful single gpu card on the market for most games, but the fact is is that physx looks so nice and is the only reason I have a 580.:thup:

It's not true that the 7970 is the most powerful single GPU card on the market...:facepalm:

Okay but if i'm going to be playing the new SimCity which i am would i be set?

Edit: BAMM found it This the 7970

It's not true that the 7970 is the most powerful single GPU card on the market...:facepalm:

Is so. Comparing the geforce and 7xxx series and all predecessors it is. Maybe not compared to $700+ gpus I've never heard of. But for stuff you can walk into your local store and grab oui.

Back