• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ProtienA steps:32500 atoms:601

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tithulta

What are all of your times folding this particular protein?
One of my rigs has been at it for TOO LONG and I'm getting ready to delete it and hope for a different WU. According to Foldmonitor it's going to take a week to complete this WU which seems way off to me for a duron750@933.

Here is a shot of what FM says...

Maybe it's corrupted? I have a ProteinA with 601 atoms and it's 500000 steps. It's taking about 11 minutes a frame give or take a minute.

Well it finally finished frame 54 and now has 230,000 steps left. I hate to lose folding time, but I hate to delete a WU even if it is taking bloody forever.

It's a 5 point ProteinA. You should be able to do it in well under a day with a 933Mhz Mhz AMD. What you should do is stop the folding, and install a clean copy and see if it's working properly. If the new copy works properly with it's WU, then you probably should delete the one you're working on.

Have you turned off the computer or foldmonitor or F@H? Foldmonitor will add the whole time from the start including the time it is turned off into the estimated finish time!!!!

I beleive it was a corrupt WU as all WU's since haven't been over 15 to 17 minutes per frame. One think I find funny is that my Duron 750@933(124fsb) does the same protein about 30 seconds faster than my Duron 700@961(138fsb) they are as close to identical as can be without being identical. The ONLY two differences is the Duron 700 has a 36x cdrom and a SB Live X-Gamer sound card. The 750 has a 52x cdrom with a SB Live! oem card. Well the only other is their PSU's the 750 has a generic(hivision) 300wand the 700 has an A1 power 400w(was on the AMD list until a few weeks after I bought it). Otherwise only thing that could be the difference is the board revisions, although they both using the same bios and settings. last thing that could be the difference is the DDR, both are the same, but bought about 2 months apart which could mean different batches.

Anyhow i've long since deleted the WU and went on without a hitch...I even upgraded to the latest version to make sure that wasn't the culprit.

Tithulta said:
I beleive it was a corrupt WU as all WU's since haven't been over 15 to 17 minutes per frame. One think I find funny is that my Duron 750@933(124fsb) does the same protein about 30 seconds faster than my Duron 700@961(138fsb) they are as close to identical as can be without being identical. The ONLY two differences is the Duron 700 has a 36x cdrom and a SB Live X-Gamer sound card. The 750 has a 52x cdrom with a SB Live! oem card. Well the only other is their PSU's the 750 has a generic(hivision) 300wand the 700 has an A1 power 400w(was on the AMD list until a few weeks after I bought it). Otherwise only thing that could be the difference is the board revisions, although they both using the same bios and settings. last thing that could be the difference is the DDR, both are the same, but bought about 2 months apart which could mean different batches.

Anyhow i've long since deleted the WU and went on without a hitch...I even upgraded to the latest version to make sure that wasn't the culprit.

yea the same here my tbird@1660 fold more than 2x as fast as duron@950. I would think that two durons would surpass one tbird but thats not the case.

Back