• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS controller works

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iggybaseball

alright i just made a homemade ps to parrallel adapter and im playin ps game on my computer at a 1280 x 1024 resolution with a ps controller, yay! the adapter only cost me $7.99

trdsw20

I dont know if they sell these in the states but my friend went to Hong Kong and brought back a USB to PS controller and told me it cost him 3.

not to take any of the spot light form your post!!

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
trdsw20 said:
I dont know if they sell these in the states but my friend went to Hong Kong and brought back a USB to PS controller and told me it cost him 3.

not to take any of the spot light form your post!!

If you buy the new Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 it comes with a USB toPS adapter.

OP
iggybaseball

iggybaseball

well i feel good that i made it an its like puttin in a window instead of buyin a case with it. shame on u. this is the modding section.

trdsw20

Calm down! didnt mean to shoot down your confidence or make your Serial to PS converter insignificant. I thought Id let you know about the USB thing for new ideas and if anyone had seen it maybe that could be your new project.
By the way good for you

Wa11y

Senior Thread Hijacker
trdsw20 said:
Calm down! didnt mean to shoot down your confidence or make your Serial to PS converter insignificant. I thought Id let you know about the USB thing for new ideas and if anyone had seen it maybe that could be your new project.
By the way good for you

Only problem is USB is digital, not analog. So if you're using the analog thumb sticks, it's still getting digital movement. So it's not going to be anywhere NEAR as smooth as analog.

Makkarah

Wa11y said:

Only problem is USB is digital, not analog. So if you're using the analog thumb sticks, it's still getting digital movement. So it's not going to be anywhere NEAR as smooth as analog.

Analog sticks work fine when I use my usb adapter... I like playing racing games using those.

OP
iggybaseball

iggybaseball

im sorry i just spent my time makin it an i got a little edgy. ialso its connected to a parrallel port not serial:) plus wouldnt u have to create drivers to adapt the ps to the usb? i have seen no tutorials on the web for a ps adapter with usb. an no drivers either. correct me if im wrong.