• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 blu ray freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I just got a nice plasma TV and a batch of blu ray movies to watch on my ps3. I'm having this annoying occurrence of video freezing, sometimes locking up the console. On my Star Trek Generations disc this has happened three times in the first 15 minutes of the movie! Sometimes I have to select the previous or next scene and sometimes restart the whole movie to get things moving again. On my Star Trek disc this is making the experience unwatchable.

I have a PS3 60GB version with the latest firmware. I've done some searching on this and have found a few web pages that state the the newer firmware does this. Is there any work around? I'm about ready to shoot it with my .30-06! :temper:

OP
Voodoo Rufus

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
Just answered my own question. Firmware killing drives and people making a decent ruckus over it.

This sucks.