• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU and lighting an LED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnowlesTech

I want to be a Beta Tester
This may have been answered already, a search found nothing using the terms I typed in. Anyways..

I am going to be adding LEDs in various places, I am going to purchase some 5v LEDs to make my life easier than having to cut down the voltage.. or amps.. Not sure, not an electric kind of person. Any ways, How would one go about using a standard 4pin PSU connector to light up one or more LEDs. If you have links to a good beginners tutorial, that would be nice, or if you could email me the exact way to do it at [email protected] that would be nice also. I have all the stuff I need to do the job just not the knowledge. Please, I need someone who has done this and can give me pics or expert advice on this topic. I have been to several tutorial sites but just their lingo was out of my reach in the electric world. Best one yet was at Metku MODs but I do not know how to go about physically connecting the LED to the 5v connector of the PSU 4pin connector? I put this in this particular forum cause you guys seem to know the most about the PSUs.
Thanks