• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU & case for P4 Advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipster

I'm new to the OC scene and will be setting up new system, P4 2.4c OCed to 3.0. I'm thinking either an Antec+1080amg 430w or getting a seperate psu and case like a Fortron fsp400-pfn or Antec tru-control 550 maybe with a cheaper Chieftec case. Any suggestions

Deathknight

IMHO you are better off picking your case and PSU seperate, unless you find the perfect case and PSU that happened to be bundled. What kind of features are you looking for in your case?

As for PSUs I prefer the Fortron 530w over the 400w model. If you are considering the TP550 then I assume the Fortron530 is still in your price range? :D

OP
H

hipster

Yeah, I just had read a very good review last night at Tom's
http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20030609/index.html
He had rated the Fortron highly in the 400-450 class. I had spent some time reading the threads and found out about the Antec tru-power & how you could fine-tune voltage if need be. I'm just the type of person that hates finding out about another option after the fact. I also had seen how when/if OCing you really want exact power besides a psu that won't crap out.Geez, I had never gave the psu any real thought in the past, though this machine is an Antec. As far as what type of box???22-23''H,very well built, excellent cooling characteristics, maybe a mobo tray,audio up front, lastly, descent looking all for a inexpensive price. Geez, that not asking to much is it??LOL