• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eclypsyr

I'm looking to replace the fans in my PSU, because currently they are kinda loud....
I am considering just replacing the two stock fans with two 80mm vantec stealths...but I was wondering, are the two of those enough to cool a 400W Allied PSU, I have no way of determining the CFM on the current stock fans...
thanks
-Dae-

brodo

sc2 fans!!

I would try and put in the Smart Case Fan2 by Thermaltake - you can use the heat sensor or use the manual varable adjust. Then if your PSU had high temps, you could manually increase the fan speed, or the heat sensor would take care of it for you.

and I think they are about the same price as stealths, arn't they?

OP
E

Eclypsyr

k thanks, I might try to give that a shot...
don't know for sure tho, I'm gonna keep the stealths in mind, just in case
also, if I just had one fan, but with a higher CFM...would that work?
-Dae-

drunkmonkey

Thermal fans would work wonders and a higher cfm fan woud be louder then to smaller fan. Te two small fans will move the air more forcefully throught the cluttered psu, a higher fan is just gona have a big job

OP
E

Eclypsyr

okay, I haven't decided what I want to do, but thanks your your input:)
-Dae-