• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU fans mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
hey guys, got a question for you.
i'm using an Enermax 431W whishper, and i'm just wondering, is it possible to open up the PSU, and change the 2 fans to 2 Sunon 50cfm, without voiding the warranty?

Thanks ahead.:D

godspeed

Change PSU fans

Be very careful when taking warranty sticker off, use a hair dryer to heat it up first, worked for me

Yodums

Well what he said. If the sticker is ripped, warranty voided. Just becareful because, inside the PSU, the fans are going to be connected internally with the soldered wires, your going to need to cut the wire, strip them and reconnect them, and do the same to the other fan.

Mike K

If you do get the sticker off and you need to return it or ship it back for any reason make sure you put the old fans back in. And be careful.:)

OP
Kato

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
i just opened an old ATX cheap psu for a look, and the fan inside is Detla:eek: , but the fan was connected with a 2pin connector, inside.....do you guys know if my whisper are the same using the pin?

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
enermax fans

I think the fan on the bottom is a 92mm...

You might also want to short the thermistor for the rear fan so it runs at full speed. I did.