• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU incompatibility?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baron

Registered
Hello everyone - this is my first post :) .

I just saw Hoots post about the Antec 403 on sale at CompUSA, so I figured I'd share my experience with this PSU in hopes that one of you might have had a similar issue or some idea of why the following occured:

I bought this PSU four days ago to use with my setup (AMD [email protected], 150 FSB, FIC AD11). For some reason, when I booted up, there was no POST, no beep or anything. The fans inside of the case were running and the HD access LED was on solid. I powered down and made sure all of my connections were complete, tried plugging the cord directly into the wall instead of a surge protector, and tried resetting the CMOS, all to no avail. My old PSU (a Channel Well 300w) is working fine, and there doesn't seem to be any damage caused by the failed boot. Thinking it might simply be a bad PSU, I took it back the next day and exchanged it, but the replacement gave, me the same result.

I've seen a brief mention of frequency incompatibility in MaximumPC, but other than that, have never heard of anything that might explain this problem. It really sucks too, just because I got a great deal on what looked like an excellent PSU. None os the tech-ish typt people I have mentioned this to have any idea of what might have caused this. Anyway, thanks for any advice or insight you may have. In the meantime, I'm eyeing up those PSUs at PC Power & Cooling :rolleyes:

yeah I see. I care enough about this to save up over a couple of paychecks and buy a PCP&C PSU- I had bought a 350w from there for my old rig and was very satisfied with it. Hm- I would steal that from my olf comp, but unfortunately my bro has it in Philly... :p

Back