• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Question for this build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

I will be putting this build together this week when the GPU arrives, last piece missing:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Evil-MOBO/saved/#view=kj9gXL

I have an EVGA 1000W T2 on hand. I know it's overkill for this build, but it was not intended for this build, things changed. So should I dump it and get a 650W G2 or just use it because I have it? Not sure what negative affects if any there would be using that much over head on the PSU.

Thanks
:thup:

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
No negatives other than the fact that you won't be running in the efficiency range of the PSU.

If you plan on sticking to one GPU then I would move to a 550W G2.

Mandrake4565

Mr. Clean Senior Member
Just use the one you have, no reason to get a new one just because it's total overkill. You're not going to harm anything.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
My thought was just getting some money back, you can sell the 1000W T2 and come out on top by quite a bit.
Might help things progress faster toward the benching rig ;)

Or... use the 1000W T2 for the benching rig!

OP
Evil-Mobo

Evil-Mobo

My thought was just getting some money back, you can sell the 1000W T2 and come out on top by quite a bit.
Might help things progress faster toward the benching rig ;)

Or... use the 1000W T2 for the benching rig!

My thought process was the same before asking the question, I could free up half the cash into the T2 and have the other PSU........

Mandrake4565

Mr. Clean Senior Member
Agreed with both of you, if you can actually get what you feel the T2 is worth.