• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PUBG Hyperx Cloud core II Footstep/gunshots sounds help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heyhottie18

Hello,i own a pair of Hyperx Cloud Core II headsets,and since the last major update i have issues pinpointing gunshots/footsteps.
I died countless of times in houses because i hear people at first floor,and actually they are in a room close to me,at second floor.Also,i hear a gunshot sound which seems to be 100-150m close,and its actually 300-500m away
I have game sounds at default right now,volume maxed,HRTF on,7.1 from usb dongle off
I play FPS games for about 15years already,its not like i have a hearing problem or whatever
I tried voicemeeter banana,didnt get any good results
Also i tried Equiliser APO but i cant find any good settings

Can anyone please tell me good Equilizer APO settings for better positional sound and maybe less wind/ambient noise for this particular headset? Or what should i check in general to be sure i dont have messed sound settings

Sounds are good for me...

What motherboard do you have? If asus, try sonic radar software and see if the sounds match your cans vs the direction it tells you.

I'd say turn off any and all software "enhancement" options in the HyperX software, especially virtual surround. Let the game do whatever it does in stereo if it adjusts anything for spacial perception.

Back