• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pulling my hair out- Windows 7 Home Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, i'm now going to upload some pictures. First a few of my mobo sata port layout, a couple of the back of my HDD and Blu Ray (though i doubt they're relevant, i might as well put them up). Then photos of all of the screens in the BIOs and the boot screen. Fingers crossed we can get this all up and running soon. I'm getting depressed looking at the thing :(

IMG00079-20091106-1320.jpg

IMG00080-20091106-1321.jpg

IMG00083-20091106-1323.jpg

IMG00084-20091106-1324.jpg

IMG00086-20091106-1324.jpg

IMG00088-20091106-1325.jpg

IMG00092-20091106-1326.jpg

Ok guys, so hopefully you'll see some bad settings and suggest changes :)

BUMP!

I know the pictures are blurry and oversized but could everyone who was helping before give them a look over for me?

Many thanks guys. Hopefully we can get this 3 month ordeal over with!

your first boot device is set to HDD... change it to CD-ROM. set second Boot device to HDD.

also try enabling SATA RAID/AHCI mode, as its currently set to disabled.

your first boot device is set to HDD... change it to CD-ROM. set second Boot device to HDD.

also try enabling SATA RAID/AHCI mode, as its currently set to disabled.

Ok, the boot priority is just like that as i reset it to defaults. I had been trying with CD Rom first. However i tried it again and also enabled sata raid/ahci (it makes u choose between raid and ahci, not just enable). Same problems unfortunately, however i did notice that in boot up a screen flashed up for a mere second which listed all connected drives, i saw the HDD but not the Blu Ray.

Thanks for the help, i'm sure we'l crack it

Try a different DVD-ROM.

Also, I know that on my ep45=ds3l the AHCI BIOS won't boot from anything other than a cd-rom. No DVD-rom, CD-R, BR support at all.

I haven't been fussed enough to bother updating the bios. since I don't have raid anyway. I just run it in legacy mode

I've read the whole thread, but I notice that no one has suggested just checking your cables. I don't know if this could be your problem, but I've had it happen to me in the past, so I think it's at least worth checking out. I'd wonder about the PSU, but a 650w Corsair should be up to the task.

Unplug the HDD and try booting, if the CD loads you have a BIOS issue (Its skipping the BDRom). If it does not load, you have an optical drive/ cable issue. Swap cable and if that does not work go get a cheap DVDRW :)

I've read the whole thread, but I notice that no one has suggested just checking your cables. I don't know if this could be your problem, but I've had it happen to me in the past, so I think it's at least worth checking out. I'd wonder about the PSU, but a 650w Corsair should be up to the task.

HAHA! :D

It was a dodgy SATA cable. I can't believe it. I never even thought about it. I was using a £2 cable i hadn't even tested before. I can't believe how complicated we all thought it was and how deep we were all going with this. Captain Obvious, you've saved the day!

:D

Thanks so much to everybody. I'm officially a happy bunny.

nice catch stool! I would have never thought to look there for the problem...

Back