• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump dead?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rajanm1

i have an asetek 12V standard pump and i think that is has died. it used to get very loud when working and now does not work at all. does any1 know how i can fix it please??

thanks

also how long could i run the system for without the pump working?

i have an asetek 12V standard pump and i think that is has died. it used to get very loud when working and now does not work at all. does any1 know how i can fix it please??

thanks
Well...if the pump died, its gone. You can try another connection to rule that out. Also, make sure it didn't just get air locked, shake it a little and see if bubbles come out.

Around 12 seconds. If that.

If the pump is under warranty you could try to get it fixed through the manufacturer, but then you will be without a pump and would need to go to air cooling until its replaced.

Other option would be to cross ship a pump if the company has that ability.

Depends on many factors including loop design. I would push it for more than a minute or two, but my old system would run without a pump at 85c. I found that out when my hydor pump died.

on the pump note, those pumps have a bad pump failure rate, would just buy a better one, also how old is that one, some I hear run for a couple years, some a couple weeks, and if it was a loud grinding noise the motor is locked, no chance of repair unless you drop a new motor in it. On the how long can you run your system, depends on the system, usually it'll tell you I ain't running no more if it hits the thermal shut down point, you may get some extra time if you underclock and volt it.

thanks, found out the motor has locked/is broken! i think just over a year and it has given me nothing but hassle! so i am going to change to air cooling from now on.

Back