• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump gph

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

david97211

Registered
I know it's all subject to many variables, but what kind of perf gain have you all had going from low gph pumps(100 or less) to high gph pumps(300 or more). With all else equal, what did the improvment in pump performance do to you set up. Any advice or experiences will be a great help.

Epox

Registered
Does not matter what GPH it has, as long as it keeps the CPU cool and is quite all is good. Those 2 factors decide the GPH

Maxvla

silver said his danner 2 (250gph) was good enough for his rigs so i would probly put my own limit around 175gph for a powerful enough system. i just bought a danner 3 so i'm good to go.

Graystar

GPH doesn't matter too much. It's the head rating that's important. Pumps with head ratings of 6-7 ft do very well. A low wattage pump with 10 ft of head would probably be ideal. The small temperature decreases that you get with more powerful pumps doesn't justify the power cost.