• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purchased PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
NS13Stinger

NS13Stinger

Good. Was worried I didn't have enough power to run my new setup...lol! Thanks for the reply, burebista.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Plenty of power for even two GTX275's and will work just fine. For the same price though I would have went the Corsair 750TX. Better quality PSU.

burebista

Nope, it's not the case. Silent Pro is a very good Enhance build and at least as good as TX750 (if not better).

OP
NS13Stinger

NS13Stinger

Coolermaster Silent Pro 700 is on sale for 109.99 (reg price 139.99) and it's Modular. The Corsair is on sale for 107.99 (reg price 179.99) and it is not Modular. I wanted the Modular setup and the Coolermaster fit the bill. I could have gone with the Corsair 750HX which is also Modular, but it's on sale for 169.99.

I've heard the saying "You get what you pay for..." and I just hope I got a good reliable PSU in the Coolermaster Silent Pro 700.

OP
NS13Stinger

NS13Stinger

Well that sucks! Here I am researching about motherboards/memory/CPU's/graphics cards and I leave out the most important thing.....connectors! Oh well. I've lived without SLI/Crossfire for the past few years. Will wait till this PSU dies and then get one with more connectors.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
Well that sucks! Here I am researching about motherboards/memory/CPU's/graphics cards and I leave out the most important thing.....connectors! Oh well. I've lived without SLI/Crossfire for the past few years. Will wait till this PSU dies and then get one with more connectors.

Stinger,

You won't miss SLI with a good vid card. The setups get to be expensive and your return for dual cards isn't worth it unless you want to benchmark all the time. At least I haven't seen much difference in SLI visually except for benchmarks with games like the latest CoD.

This 9800GT of mine plays CoD just fine, no artifacts at all. Your GTX275 is a much better and more powerful card than mine so for a good single card like yours, that power supply will be more than you ever hoped for.

OP
NS13Stinger

NS13Stinger

Thanks for all the replies/info. Love this Forums! Once I get everything up and running.....time to OVERCLOCK! ;-)