• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push/Pull Setup Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tical

I am new to these forums & am currently ordering all the parts for my 1st W/C Setup. This is what I'm going with:

D-Tek [email protected]
Via Aqua 1300
D-TEK Pro Radiator W/ Shroud & 120mm Panaflow Fan
Tygon 3603 Tubing

This is my question, I have a Lian-Li case with 2 80mm intake fans side by side & my rad will go right behind them. Should I use the 2 80mm's in front of the rad with a 120mm behind the rad for a push/pull setup, or remove the 2 80mm's & just pull air through the rad with the 120mm? I believe that if I use just the 120mm I want it pulling through the rad not pushing, correct? Any help would be great. THX.

MikeTimbers

Have you checked that the Pro Core will fit down there? My information was that it won't without cutting part of the 3½" bay off!

In my PC60, I have a Black Ice Extreme below the 3½" drive bay and a 120mm fan pulling. The two 80mm fans were changed to Mechatronics 80mm which push 53cfm each although I run them at the middle speed setting. The BIX pretty much fills the space from side to side and floor to drive bay although I suppose it wouldn't hurt to actually build a duct from the 80mm fans to the BIX. Maybe for the next upgrade!

DodgeViper

How about using 2- 120mm fans with two shrouds in in a push/pull format if you have the room.

Another idea would be to mount the core as seen in this photo. Moving air through the core from side to side. You can read about this project here, CLICK

P0001482.jpg

OP
Tical

Tical

I think I'm going with the Panaflow 120mm (about 70 CFM) I know they have higher output ones but I want to try to keep the noise down, but am open to suggestions. Now my case is pretty small (Lian Li Mid Tower) & I have had to do EXTENSIVE remodeling inside of it just to fit the stuff I'm planing on in it. The 2 80mm's I have are just generic 80mm case fans that came with the case. I MIGHT be able to fit another 120mm fan if I had to, but I'd have to cut some more I think, but I would be willing to do that if necessary. The 2 80mm's are just already mounted there, so that's why I am asking. I just didn't want positive/negative airflow from them to result in poor performance. I did measure to make sure the rad would fit & have already modded the floppy drive cage to hold just 1 drive in the very top slot & drilled out the rivets on the HDD cage on the bottom of the case to remove it as well, so the room is cleared, just need some opinions to get this bad boy rolling.

GoingH2o

I currently have a custom RAD with no shroud, but im waiting for a D-Tek Pro Core with shroud to get here.

I only purchased one shroud :eek: but anyways if i setup the RAD against the front of the case and the fan pushing inside the Heatercore will i keep hot air circulating in the case?

Better if i push air out from the RAD trough the case and it escapes trough the 2 exhaust fans at the back?

Luihed

Registered
Tical said:
I believe that if I use just the 120mm I want it pulling through the rad not pushing, correct?

Can someone please confirm this? Im just about to start building my watercooling box and I would like to know if pulling air in is indeed better than pushing.... thx