• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

putting a fan on a sub?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimDgsr

How far away from the wall does the heatsink on the Z560 subwoofer need to be? I've got room for 6-8" away from the wall, is that enough for it to sufficiently cool? I haven't had any problems out of it so far, and I've had them for a month or two. Was thinking of a way to install a fan on it if that's not enough room.

Any ideas on getting power to the fan from the power supply and make it look decent. Thought about looking for a way to get power from the sub, but just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Pinky

I've never had a sub overheat, though I'm sure anything's possible, it's very rare modern home stereo equipment gets anywhere near hot enough to worry about failure/overheating.

OP
T

TimDgsr

sort of got paranoid earlier, reading about the z560's overheating online. I think I was really just looking for something to play around with. But I decided to set up 2k Advanced Server on my other machine and set up my network for real instead of this internet connection sharing, so now I've pretty much dropped any thoughts on this ;)

thanks though