• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PWM and Thermostat control multi 3-wire fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjlar94

Unfortunately most quality long lasting, performing case fans are dual ball bearing or "2 ball." This is really hard to come by with a pwm circuit, and thats half the problem for water cooling.

I've got a Rocketfish (aka Lian-Li) case and baffled the case with 2x120 intake fans at the bottom of the case and 3x120 exhaust fans at the top which push through a 3x120 swiftech radiator. Now my pump runs on medium all the time but my computer rarely is under full or extreme load. I've probed radiator air exhaust temps at 72F on my Phenom II X6.

I'd like to buy/create a pwm amp circuit that ramps the load on the 3x120 fans on the radiator exhaust based on the mobo's cpu pwm fan header. The 2 intake fans in the bottom of the case I'd like to be controlled by a thermostat circuit based on the case ambient/hdd fan temps- not an on/off but a ramp up-down similar to pwm.

Can someone point me in the right direction? It sounds like a server rack at work and it blows REALLY cold air around the room!

Thanks,
M

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

This is a gen-3 project (2 really f-ugly setups before this) so don't be upset if your W/C doesn't look this good, yet!

Moved this to the general cooling section for you. It will get more (and more targeted) eyes here than in Extreme Cooling. I bet bing or Bobnova would have some ideas for you.

Back