• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PWM temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

terran2k

on my ip35-e I see my PWM temp around 85C when running prime95, is it supposed to be that hot? I have a fan directly on it and it doesn't seem to matter. Q6600 with 1.4V bios, 1.36idle, 1.304 load. 1.45V NB. It is that heatsink next to the IO sield right? I touched it and it was barely warm, maybe I need to remove it and reseat it? not seated right from the factory? as i never took it off before.

Last edited:

renegade44

on my ip35-e I see my PWM temp around 85C when running prime95, is it supposed to be that hot? I have a fan directly on it and it doesn't seem to matter. Q6600 with 1.4V bios, 1.36idle, 1.304 load. 1.45V NB. It is that heatsink next to the IO sield right? I touched it and it was barely warm, maybe I need to remove it and reseat it? not seated right from the factory? as i never took it off before.

Might try the motherboard forum, put IP35-E in the title

Look at where the HS meets the PWM transistors does it look tight? Feel the heatsink is it loose?

OP
T

terran2k

i pulled off the heatsink on the PWMs, only the ones on the outer edge were making contact, there's 4 rows of 3....5-6 out of the 12 were touching, the ones in the middle barely touched the heatsink, the thermal pad barely had a mark where it was touched, some looked like they didn't even touch at all. can i use regular thermal grease on the PWMs?

Last edited:
OP
T

terran2k

well I went ahead and replaced the thermal pad with some silicone grease, didnt want to use AS5 on that. with my little fan on it, temps are now 82C, before it didnt matter, fan or no fan, it was 88C, so i guess it helped. I'll probably try an after market cooler for the PWM, I noticed as the temp on it increased, my vdroop increased.

this is just my observation, don't want to mislead anyone, as I could be wrong.

Last edited: