• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pyro DV Firewire Card & Win XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoomelon

Hi,
My PC spec is as below but I have added a Pyro Digital Video Firewire Card, with which i have a problem.
My Sound Blaster Audigy as you may know also has a Firewire port and when i connect my DV camcorder to it, the Sony is recognised by Win XP. but it will not work with the Videostudio 4.0 or the MediStudio that came with the card.
As for the Pyro Firewire Card, when i connect the Camera to it and turn it on, nothing happens, it is'nt recognised. It used to work fine with my 2 previous OSs, Win 98 & Win ME.
There are no conflicts in Device Manager and all is well, yet the problem persists.
It says in the Pyro manual, that when the Firewire card properties are opened up in the Device Manager, there should be an option to enable 'Support for non-compliant devices', which should be selected for sony camcorders, which i saw with the previous OSs, but not with XP.
So it must be a driver problem.
Please help! Any site with suitable drivers for XP would be a help, or any general advice.
Thanks!