• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

q about voodo 2 and ge 3...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

i hav this ole voodoo 2 3d only card i think taht i can use to add to another vid card.. would adding it to my system increase hte performance because of the extra card and ram?

:)

max

Lithan

Disabled
adding it to a gf3 system? Hell no. You can only use one of the cards at a time. So say your running halflife in opengl, you would select either opengl primary driver or opengl 3dfx. And the geforce 3 would blow the voodoo away.

OP
Lt. Max

Lt. Max

oh.. darn.. well when i got my p2 300 it has a 8meg voodoo 2 pci and a 4 meg ati agp.. which was hooked int othe voodoo which was into the monitor i thought they shared the work.. ok

guess not

max

funnyperson1

Lt. Max said:
oh.. darn.. well when i got my p2 300 it has a 8meg voodoo 2 pci and a 4 meg ati agp.. which was hooked int othe voodoo which was into the monitor i thought they shared the work.. ok

guess not

max

the Ati supplies 2D and the V2 supplies 3D, sorry :eh?:

funnyperson1

Namagomi said:
uh. the real question is how does someone have 7 stars, and still manage to ask a question like this? :D

no flaming allowed.....having a certain number of stars doesnt mean one needs to know eveything about old video cards...

Lithan

Disabled
Yeah If I remember correctly a few games really like glide. For some reason I'm thinking that Diablo 2 had rather good glide enabling and very poor direct3d (though patches have probably fixed this by now). But frankly if you have a geforce 3 already, that's plenty of card and I'd just put the voodoo into some old comp maybe with onboard video that ya might want to run CS on on occasion when a few too many friends without computers come over to a lan party. I wouldnt consider it worth the slot in a primary system.

OverclockNStein

hahhah cool pics breez!!!, thats a cool idea, but I would hate to cut up my perfectly working Voodoo 2 that I spent $250 many moons ago so I can play Quake 2. It was way better than my Viper V330.

breez

Actually my Voodoo was dead already. It wouldn't play games more than couple minutes then it started to show artefacts and locked up :/ Had to buy a Geforce2 MX to replace it.