• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Q] Considering Water Cooling - Advice for 1st Timer Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So you mean there are more options to choose when it comes to fans if I have a 120mm rad size? I was planning to put 280 on top since I already have 2x140 Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition (comes with the case) but I'm still open to changes.

What are good fans to look at?
Thanks again btw!

Grab a Alphacool ST30 360 Radiator for your front and a ST30 240mm for your top.

Grab some push OR pull (Not both) premium fans for them, 5 in total. (EK Vanars, Noiseblocker eLoops B12s or AP-53s)

^Thanks.

I noticed that with the 295x2 in the Air 540, I only got about 30mm space in the front with the stock fan installed. I'm looking at this for my GPU block:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-nexxxos-gpx-ati-r9-295x2-m01-w-backplate-black.html#Details

For those who experienced using this, is the length of the block shorter than the actual length of the usual 295x2?
Hoping the card will be shorter with the block on it so I can put at least a 45mm radiator.

Stick with 30mm rads since that's what everyones using in that case as it gives you a little wiggle room to play with. Anything bigger has a high possibility of not fitting.

As for the front rad/fans, you have the option of installing the fans on the front of the case as shown in the image below, instead internally.

FrontOpenFinal.jpg

^Thanks.

I noticed that with the 295x2 in the Air 540, I only got about 30mm space in the front with the stock fan installed. I'm looking at this for my GPU block:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-nexxxos-gpx-ati-r9-295x2-m01-w-backplate-black.html#Details

For those who experienced using this, is the length of the block shorter than the actual length of the usual 295x2?
Hoping the card will be shorter with the block on it so I can put at least a 45mm radiator.
I dont have that block, but, you can figure it out... Look at the length of the card, then the length of the block... usually though, it is the same size or smaller.

Stick with 30mm rad man... there is literally almost no room for more. Trust me... as I said, I did it.

Stick with 30mm rads since that's what everyones using in that case as it gives you a little wiggle room to play with. Anything bigger has a high possibility of not fitting.

As for the front rad/fans, you have the option of installing the fans on the front of the case as shown in the image below, instead internally.

View attachment 168161

Nice! By the looks of it, I can still put back the front cover right?

I dont have that block, but, you can figure it out... Look at the length of the card, then the length of the block... usually though, it is the same size or smaller.

Stick with 30mm rad man... there is literally almost no room for more. Trust me... as I said, I did it.

Thanks guys! I'll get the 30mm then.

Is this pump/res combo ok if I'll have:

- 360 and 240 rads
- alphacool nexxos gpu block and EK evo cpu block
- 1/2 ID and 3/4 OD tubes

http://www.performance-pcs.com/alph...ll-in-one-reservoir-combo.html#Specifications

Would appreciate some recommendations.

Also, does compression fittings brand difference matters? Lets say I'll get Bitspower Compression Fittings and my blocks are EK and AC? I know threads are standard but do you recommend getting EK fittings if my CPU block is EK?

Thanks again!

Edit:

Great images above! Thanks Jack!

If you're looking for the same res+pump combo as the build log images above, this is the one.

Btw, before I buy the GPU block, all 295X2s are considered reference cards right?

Just check with EK's coolingconfigurator to see if a block will fit your exact GPU model number.

Back