• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q: How to overclock AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuraj

Hi guys,
I have CPU AMD Athlon XP Barton 2500+ and the mainboard is Abit KV7. The bios contains "ABIT SoftMenu™ Overclocking". This toy is for overclocking.
Now I have overclocked CPU from 2500+ to 2800+ (from 1.8GHz to 2.10 GHz) - it was only present in SoftMenu.
My friend had overclocked this CPU on this same MB to 2.8 GHz. How can be this done?
Many thanks in advance :) !
P.S.: Here is homepage of MB - http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=KV7&fMTYPE=Socket A

link doesn't work due to I think abit is dead and if that is a KT chipset you want be able to overclock cpu that far. nor do I think your friend would be able to hit 2.8

link doesn't work due to I think abit is dead and if that is a KT chipset you want be able to overclock cpu that far. nor do I think your friend would be able to hit 2.8
Ah, yes link now not work.
I'm sure that it's possible (and not very hard) to overclock CPU.
I asked my friend, but the CPU was overclocked in pc servis.

Your friend must have had a Mobile cpu, these overclock better than their desktop counterpart.

mobile or not it isn't gonna make 2.8ghz on a KT chipset board.

It would need to be like a NF7 AN7 or something with a nforce chipset.

Just finished off my mobile barton and upgraded. I had it successfully to about 2.4 but my cooling sucked. I was on a shuttle an35n ultra mobo. crank up the FSB as high as possible with some good ram, then slowly crank up the voltage and the multi. If you do a search there is a page on here that lists the results of all the barton OC's. You can match it to your revision and see what the average result is. I would try to stay under 1.6V unless you have really good cooling. Temps should be under 50C.

Back