• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 on 680i won't go past 1.41 volts and stuck at 3.21 - help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I sort of hit a wall. The highest stable it seems that i am able to get is roughly ~3.48ghz, but the problem is that it is @ 1.475 volts. From what I have read, the highest you want to push a Q6600 to is 1.5 so being that close to the ceiling makes me a little uncomfortable.

Perhaps anyone with the same chipset can give me a hand with some fine tuning? I realize that 3.6 probably won't happen at all on this mobo, but with some fine tuning I think 3.5 is realistic. Right now the only voltage settings that I have changed is the cpu voltage, which is set to 1.475. The rest is setup to auto. I'm really new to OC'ing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

With vdroop your voltage is going to be lower then 1.475 in the BIOs, so if thats your cut off limit, setting it to 1.525 would probably get you closer to 1.475 actual load voltage.

With vdroop your voltage is going to be lower then 1.475 in the BIOs, so if thats your cut off limit, setting it to 1.525 would probably get you closer to 1.475 actual load voltage.

Actually according to HW Monitor & CPUZ with Vdroop under load it goes between 1.46 and 1.48. I have very very little vdroop and occasionally v-gain (if that makes any sense).

I "pencil modded" my board, hence the lack of visible vdroop. So 1.475 is very very close to actual 1.475.

Actually according to HW Monitor & CPUZ with Vdroop under load it goes between 1.46 and 1.48. I have very very little vdroop and occasionally v-gain (if that makes any sense).

I "pencil modded" my board, hence the lack of visible vdroop. So 1.475 is very very close to actual 1.475.

I gain about .01 under full load. Once I get this pc together i'm gonna try lowering my vCore a little and try to get some stress off it.

I'm glad it's working for you.

I'm glad that is it working as well. If I couldn't get it to go past the voltage wall that I had hit, I was going to upgrade the board for sure. However now that I am able to get it to 3.48 stable I think it is going to stay as is for now. There are a couple other things that I would rather spend the $$$ on. Perhaps after I am done with building my case it will be a upgrade to consider.

On that note, I could still use some help to fine tune the OC. I think I might be able to squeak a little more power out of it with the proper advice. Right now I only have the CPU voltage adjusted manually. The rest of the power settings are set to automatic, which I know are not the most efficient. I just don't want to make any changes on it, since I really don't know what to set them to.

Any further help is appreciated.

-Evo-

Auto settings aren't always the best. You should really try to set everything manualy, one at a time. This requires more advice than I am able to give. There are lots of Stickys here dealing with these settings. I think mine is...
CPU Frequency 400x9, 1600mhz FSB
DRAM Frequency 1000mhz ( 4:5 )
PCI-E -115 ( maybe it should be lower? )
PCI Frequency 33.33mhz
vCore 1.55v
NB vCore 1.45v
FSB Term 1.45v
DRAM 2.5v 5-5-5-15
DRAM Channel A&B ref -10mv
DRAM Controller -10mv
I forget what my SB chipset and vCore are set at, close to stock but a little higher.
Spread spectrum disabled
Static read control disabled
C1E support disabled
Vanderpool Disabled
TM Function Disabled
ACPI 2.0 enabled
ASUS CGI disabled

That's just to give you an idea, i'm not saying these settings are for you, I think the E6600 requires more powe. Take your time and research this through Stickys and the search option. It can be VERY useful for finding what you want.

And get a free screen capturing device, pictures help others help you!

And get a free screen capturing device, pictures help others help you!

I have about 5 pictures posted in this thread, do you not see them? I'm using Flickr as my photo host, but they seemed to show up fine even on a computer I'm not logged in to.

As for looking around and searching, that is pretty much how I was even able to get going with my OC. From searching I learned the basics for the most part. It was even from searching that I found the pencil mod. I have tried looking around for techniques to know where to put the other settings, but haven't really had all that much luck. Like I said, I know auto is not the right way to go. However auto at the moment for me is far better then me changing something I don't know anything about.

I will try the settings that you posted for me tonight when I get home to see if that helps at all.

Make sure not to use the CPU power saving options EIST and possible C1E if you use the pencil mod, can cause damage to the CPU.

Make sure not to use the CPU power saving options EIST and possible C1E if you use the pencil mod, can cause damage to the CPU.

I have pretty much everything under advanced chipset disable except for the 4 cores. Figured it would be safer that way :)

Back