• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 still has life in it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Cool!

Is it stable? Meaning have you used P95 Blend/Small FFT or OCCT or IBT to confirm?

OP
galador

galador

It is P95 Blend/Small FFT stable, ran it for appx 5 hours before I got bored and played some Resident Evil 5 for few hours to see how the OC can handle games before verifying the OC.
As you can see on the pic, wife uses my PC also hence the very long favorites list :screwy:
She says mine is faster LOL.

Last edited:

gottcha

i think mine needs 1.53vcore and i can reach 3.7<this was stable but made me nervous
with 1.55vcore i can hit 3.9

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
It is P95 Blend/Small FFT stable, ran it for appx 5 hours before I got bored and played some Resident Evil 5 for few hours to see how the OC can handle games before verifying the OC.
As you can see on the pic, wife uses my PC also hence the very long favorites list :screwy:
She says mine is faster LOL.

lol at the favorites :eek: Does her user account have every single shortcut just dumped on the desktop too?

FlahsMemory

The q6600 is still one of the best processors ever to have been released price to performance ratio. My bro and I built a system last year for around 800$ including a 24inch monitor and 8 gigs of ram. It still beats more AMD phenom 2 that are out today when you over clock them to around 3ghz. He been running it at 3ghz 24/7 on air and hasn't had any problems for a long time.

Wish they had good deals like last year on computer parts. This year everything is so expensive and hardly any good deals unless your near a micro center.

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
i think mine needs 1.53vcore and i can reach 3.7<this was stable but made me nervous
with 1.55vcore i can hit 3.9
A Vcc of 1.55V for a 65nm quad is the 'absolute maximum' voltage spec'd by Intel, so at 1.53V the chip should be fine (assuming Distance to TJ Max is greater than 15 - 20C under load.)