• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q8200 and EP35-DS3L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steam.

Registered
I wanna know how much this CPU can go.With a total multiplier of x7, i'm only able to reach 2.80GHZ by pushing the FSB to the max on this board, which is 1600.Anything above that, and it just won't boot.

Specs :

sdjkf.jpg

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1853374

Don't mind the clocks on the GFX card, it is just to keep it quiet.When I play it's on max available.

Last edited:
I booted successfully with 3.1 ghz, but it boosts vcore to 1.5 which is way over recommended.

I saw you OC'd your CPU to 3.4 with 1.4000V, how is that possible?My CPU now is on 1.44 with 2.80ghz.

If you 'read' the first line of his post there you will see what he said and it was this "My P35 board didn't play well with Quad. So I changed to a P45 board which I think is a mate for it.....and a newer Cooler Master Hyper Z600R to handle the heat."

He got away from P35 is what he said.

Ohh, didn't see that, just scrolled down to the screenshots to see how it was running :)

I might have the chance to swap it out for a Q8400, which runs on 2.66, should overclock easier.Thanks all.

Though, I just manually set the voltage on 1.3625 in BIOS, which is in recommended VID on intel's page.Is it OK if i run with manual or should i set it to auto when i overclock?Cause overclocked its 1.55V, way over recommended.

Though, I just manually set the voltage on 1.3625 in BIOS, which is in recommended VID on intel's page.Is it OK if i run with manual or should i set it to auto when i overclock?Cause overclocked its 1.55V, way over recommended.

I would certainly think that if setup is stable with your manual 1.36ish Vcore then that is what most of us would run. Fact is most of the time when trying to overspeed/overclock a setup, the majority of settings are never AUTO, as regards voltages.

Oh okay then.I set them because intel's site said 1.36 is max for recommended, now it is stable.Thanks again.

P35 chipset could only go so far with FSB which is better suit for 1066MHz or lower CPUs.
1333MHz cpus would be better with P45 boards.

By switching over to a Q8400 would not help you very much with that P35 board.
I would opt for a P45 board instead.

BTW, 1.36v is too much for that speed.
Run Prime95 and check your load voltage from CPUz.

No worries, i OC'd it to 3.01 now, cause it's not the mobo for me that's causing the problems, it's the RAM that's not overclockable, because when i push the FSB the RAM frequency climbs up too, and after that it won't boot.

EDIT: running on 3.6 ghz stable, same voltage.Great tips guys, i only bumped CPU voltage.

Last edited:
No worries, i OC'd it to 3.01 now, cause it's not the mobo for me that's causing the problems, it's the RAM that's not overclockable, because when i push the FSB the RAM frequency climbs up too, and after that it won't boot.

EDIT: running on 3.6 ghz stable, same voltage.Great tips guys, i only bumped CPU voltage.

That board did 515 FSB??? With only 1.360 volts on a Q8200?...and stable at the same time?
You must be GOD!
If it's not too much....all I ask is a screenshot of Prime95 with only 18 minutes run as proof.
Thanks.

You might think i'll be lying to you, but it did it for a day.After that, went to Starting Windows, and the colors for win7 logo didnt move at all.Froze, shut itself down, and reset itself to failsafe defaults.Though I think it WILL stay on 3.6 if i bump up the voltage, you see you ran it on 3.4 with 1.44,i'm still trying somehow to not get over the recommended VID range.And my CPU cooler aint that good for 18 mins of prime95.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but highly doubted.
Earlier you were at 3.01Ghz.......which hasn't come to a point where I would recommend higher speed PC8500 rams needed to surpass 3.10GHz.
You've 4 sticks of all mismatched PC6400 rams...which is kind of incapable to do anything higher than 3.10Ghz with no matter how much voltage were put into it.

Alot of people tried really hard just to have stability at 3.50Ghz with appropriate hardwares.
Meanwhile, you had it 3.60GHz with ease....so that intrigued me quite a bit.

Last edited:
I had it and i was f'ing happy, believe me on that, but it's the RAM that's making it tough, bump FSB>RAM Frequency goes higher, RAM was on 1050 or something when i had it on 3.6, i'm lucky the RAM even survived on that frequency.

Back