• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad 16-core interlagos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interlagos 6272 4P draws more than 700W @ the wall, most of it going out the 12v rail(s), so the 750 is going to be close.

Yes, I would say 1000W would be the minimum for ILs. Will know soon enough. Got all the parts for a 4P 6272 build. Just trying to decide where to purchase a new Supermicro board. My first one I got from Vision Computers and they were really pleasant to work with, but they don't seem to offer the H8QGI-F-O now. Anyone here ever deal with Provantage? Or have dealings with other reputable dealers for Supermicro boards? I think most are drop shipped from Supermicro, if I'm not mistaken.

I would be impressed if a 4x16 interlagos could get by on 1000 watts. I have a supermicro 6026tt-tf with a total of 8 x5675s and it pulls about 980 watts at the wall which is fairly impressive efficiency compared to days of old.

Anyone here ever deal with Provantage?

I have, on several occasions. I even get their catalog in the mail. :D Bought most of my APCs from them. That's where I was considering buying my board from too... I think they have 'em for ~$750.

Yes Mac... you've swayed me into a 4P setup. ;)

...and $20 off with promo code checklist. I just bought mine. :)

They actually have it in stock... said it would be here next Friday. :beer:

Yep... I ran across that last night. Looks like a really good option. I do have a pet and I also would like the option to turn this server hardware into just that, an actual server. So I need something that will be able to house some drives. My response from Mountain Mods was +$125 for a SSI-MEB modification. Considering the Pinnacle 18 is already $270 it's quite steep.

A simple tray can be turned into a full blown tech station, for example:

2TStationTiers.jpg

2TStationGrommets.jpg

2TStationWithATXMotherboard.jpg

2TStation120x4rad.jpg

And the tray could be extended to become a "legit" case by attaching sheeting to either the inside or outside of the t-slots. :attn:

And the tray could be extended to become a "legit" case by attaching sheeting to either the inside or outside of the t-slots. :attn:

That's the kind of thinking that makes overclockers.com the World-class site that it is! :thup:

I'd be interested to know where to get some of that extruded aluminum that you used.

Could this handle 6 hard drives comfortably?

Back