• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quake3 in Linux 9.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K1ll1nT1m3

I am trying to install Quake 3 in Mandrake 9.0. I have the disc for Windows. My friend says all I have to do is install the 1.32 Linux update and copy the PAK.pk3.0 file to the other PAK files from the update. It trys to load the game but it has a problem with the openGL. I have tried to install the Nvidia drivers but I'm doing something wrong. Any help?
:mad:

SpeeDj

First off look through the stickies in the top of this forum, they will help you with getting the files you need to get your nVidia card up and running. Make sure to get the RPM's that are specific to your os.

Let us know.

J :cool:

Titan386

If you know how, its seems its better if you compile the drivers yourself, rather than installing via rpm. RPM is definetely eaiser, especially for a newbie, but I've heard of the RPMs damaging system and forcing a reinstall (not trying to scare you :) )