• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quantity of ECS K7S5A refurbs at Newegg $29. shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuper

hmmm, what to do, what to do:) I think I am going to order a couple:)

Yodums

Yeh those things make good stable boards as well as a bang of the buck. 10 of them eh Hallen. Shark boy better watch out :D

OP
hallen

hallen

Yodums said:
Yeh those things make good stable boards as well as a bang of the buck. 10 of them eh Hallen. Shark boy better watch out :D

No, I only put them in my basket to check inventory. I didn't take them to check out.:D

Harvey

heezer7

does this board oc very good? i was about to buy something expensive to build a linux machine and want to be able to unlock a 1600 and up fsb and multiplier. The manual didn't seem to tell me much.

OP
hallen

hallen

The O/C BIOS has 133, 150 and 166 fsb. The problem in getting to 166 is solved by posting at 150 and then using something like SoftFSB to switch to 166 after the OS is loaded. TC said that his problem was running the cluster in Linux he didn't have available a SoftFSB program.

I don't think it would be that hard to write a Linux program that wrote to the register controlling the fsb.

edit:

heezer -No multiplier adjustment. Voltage adjustment is possible by connecting the L11 bridge that controls voltage on the Morgan/Palomino.

Harvey

Last edited:

Greg M

I don't see soft multiplier adjustments in my BIOS. The multipliers are on the mobo IIRC.

...but, sheesh, what do you want for $29. It's a solid board with integrated audio and NIC, and can take SDRAM in a pinch. It will build you one of the fastest booting systems you've ever seen, crunches just short of a KT266A, and is stable as all get out.

OP
hallen

hallen

heezer7 said:
ok does this oc bios have multiplier adjustments? sounds like this could be a good deal formy new toy!

With a good XP1600+ you shouldn't need unlocking or multiplier adjustment.

Here is an XP1600+ AGOIA 0226 "Z" that does 10.5 x 166 at default:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136705

You can buy them here for $53.95 shipped:

https://www.gameve.com/store/gameve_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=61

edit- I'm not so sure about default. It doesn't actually say that it's just usually you try default first.

lonewolf1983

sorry guys theres no multiplier or voltage adjustment available on the boards, you will need to alter bridges to achieve this.
The boards crunch just as fast as a kt266a chipset from my experience with them.
you can overclock via modded bios or softFSB ;)

Greg M

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for another K7S5A when they show up in the refurbs again. I can reuse everything in my KT133A system and upgrade the CPU to an XP. Significantly faster crunching for about $75 total.