• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quantum Break

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
wow, that's some pretty impressive recommended specs. Either this game is going to be incredibly forward thinking in terms of tech and graphical capabilities, or it is incredibly poorly optimized and in order to run respectably at 1080p you have to go way above and beyond in terms of hardware. If these are the recommended specs for the PC version, I imagine it will look leaps and bounds better than the Xbox One which doesn't have half of the horsepower listed there (and in fact barely meets the minimum requirements listed on that page).

Also, looking at that, it states that it requires Windows 10 (as a minimum) as well as DX12. As far as I know the GTX 760 doesn't support DX12, only the newer 9-series GPUs do, and at that I imagine just the mid-higher end ones maybe.

OP
Kenrou

Kenrou

Something like Ashes of the Singularity ? dx11 and dx12 executables for older GPUs ?

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Something like Ashes of the Singularity ? dx11 and dx12 executables for older GPUs ?

That would be my assumption as well, but you would think they would mark it as DX11 under min requirements and not DX12. And along those lines Windows 10 wouldn't be a requirement either as DX11 obviously runs fine on Win7+. Looks like we're back to the needing to upgrade your OS "because, reasons." like what microsoft did with Gears of War and Halo on PC. Granted I happily run Win10, but if there's no real reason to upgrade a user for a game then it shouldn't be listed as a min requirement.

OP
Kenrou

Kenrou

Shenanigans aie, but we all know how they like to butcher graphics so games fit on consoles, more likely then not same will happen here :(

RJARRRPCGP

it is incredibly poorly optimized and in order to run respectably at 1080p you have to go way above and beyond in terms of hardware.

In that case, it will be like emulating a console with a different CPU arch!

For example, a Core i7 4790K emulating an XBox 360...

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
In that case, it will be like emulating a console with a different CPU arch!

For example, a Core i7 4790K emulating an XBox 360...

Well sort of, but at least in this case the XB1 (and PS4 for that matter) are at least x86. So the underlying architecture is the same, but obviously the languages/APIs are likely different (minus DX12 stuff)

||Console||

BoundByBlood

Maybe Something Cool?
This reminds me of when Dying Light put out those over-inflated recommended specs:

Dying Light Recommended Requirements
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 @4.0 GHz
CPU Speed: Info
RAM: 8 GB
OS: Windows 7 64-bit / Windows 8 64-bit / Windows 8.1 64-bit
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 / AMD Radeon R9 290 (2GB VRAM)
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 40 GB
Did you really need all that to run the game well? Not at all. I was able to run it fine on high settings with a 4350 quad, 4GB ram and a R9 270X. I have built a new higher end gaming rig since then, but not because of any one game.

Sometimes these developers overestimate the power of their own games so until the day when playable in game graphics can parallel next gen cinematics in visual quality and detail then I'm going to snort at recommended specs and laugh at all the people rushing out to spend money on unnecessary upgrades.

OP
Kenrou

Kenrou

Supposedly you need it to run max settings at a steady 60fps at 1080p, it's still the norm nowadays ?

magellan

R the GPU's in either the XBone or the PS4 DX12 capable parts? I thought the GPU's in these parts were designed about the same time as the GTX 780? Not even AMD had DX12 capable parts back then?