• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about a cpu i have.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

I want to join the benching team here on the forum. Well while i was signing up on hwbot I was looking at the world record and i see that it was held by this chip Intel Celeron LGA775 347 processor. Come to find out i think i have that same chip sitting in a computer i was gonna sell for $50.00.

The clock of this chip i have is 3.06 like this one but i think i had a different socket. Im not up to par with Intel chips but is there more then one single core 3.06ghz chip?

I would like to take a stab at the world record lol. I got the whole computer for $25 so if i fry it i dont care. Also if this is the chip that holds the world record where could i get a better mobo. I would like to get one that will hold this kind of abuse. I dont think i can get anywhere close but it would be a fun and learning experience.

Do you have and know how to use Liquid nitrogen? If the answer is no then give up now, theres no way you'll beat that record on air.

While I'm an OC nub, I do know that those benching folks (yes, I'm looking at you!) are a bit crazy, but in a good way. ;)

Just an FYI, it's an addictive path to go down....you've been warned! :p

I plan on using LN2. I know the max i could get on air is around 4.0ghz well with the current mobo the highest i have got it to was 3.6ghz after that no video. I think the max the mobo will support is like 4.0 or something around there. So i will be getting another one.

If i can get my dad to build me one i was also looking at a phase change unit i have all the part i just dont know how to put it together.

Back