• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about A64 3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

ok i just bought a new package to replace my current cpu/mobo/ram/gfx
here is my current setup
Athlon t-bred [email protected]/asus a7n8x/1.5gig ddr333/radeon 9800pro aiw 128mb

and the new setup
Athlon64 veniceE3 3000+/abit kn8/1.5gig ddr333/GF 6600GT 128mb (Pci-e)

ok now here is the deal yesterday i started doing some benchmark with sisoft so that ounce i would get my new setup i could compare both setup benchmark wise but here is where i was surprise in cpu benchmark my athlon [email protected] seems to be on par with athlon64 3000/3200 now is there something that i dont understand or is it that yes the A64 3000+ cpu is no faster as itself then a Athlon [email protected] but faster in the way it interact with the rest of the componnent

Yuriman

Sandra is dumb. It would tell you a dump truck is faster than a Ferrari because its bigger. Have any other benchmarks?

OP
ataxy

ataxy

ok i have ran superPI but is there any way of comparing the result to other computer a bit like you can do with 3dmark

edit1:
i ran prime benchmark with wich i was able to compare my result with those from a databank and i currently position myself at around the same place as a sempron 2600/2800 or around the same as a athlonxp 2600+

ok i have made a quick check of some score i had in 3dmark2k1 and a similar setup to the one i am getting score around 3k to 4k higher then the current one i have but thats my overclocked system and the new one not overclocked so thats more like it

Last edited:

Know Nuttin

are you running in single channel mode with that ram?
what timings do you have on that memory?
you are losing some performance by having slower memory (and presumably, slower timings as well), and is not going to make comparison easy or fair unless the other systems are using the same config.

OP
ataxy

ataxy

Know Nuttin said:
are you running in single channel mode with that ram?
what timings do you have on that memory?
yes it is running dual channel at least thats what it says on the boot screen

Know Nuttin said:
you are losing some performance by having slower memory (and presumably, slower timings as well), and is not going to make comparison easy or fair unless the other systems are using the same config.

as for the mem i understand that but my idea was to have a general idea of how my current setup would fare compared to the new one i am getting so by looking at all the score from the different system i can make an average score for each system wich in turn gives a pretty good estimate