• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about ATi 5770 and 4670 and 4770 fast please!.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LeonX

Registered
Tomorrow im going to work at the port, cruisers blablabla..
and im gonna make some money.. i wont have more than 180 dollars or 200 dolarrs i dont know exactly..

Well, i want to know if with my PSU,its just a generical psu that came with this cheap case,i can use this video cards..
1) ati 4670 , i already have the money, Asus EAH4670
2) ati 4770 , do i need a psu ? i need 65 dollars and i buy it..
3) ati 5770, how about the price? i dont know how much it worths, and about the PSU?, i want a GOOD Gfx card ready for the future, direct x 11, dont exactly need to be an ATi, i just think that it could be better..

MattNo5ss

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Before we can tell you whether or not your PSU is up to the task, we'll need some info about the PSU.

What's its wattage?
How many amps are on the 12v rails?

This info can usually be found on a sticker on the PSU. If there isn't a sticker, then look for a manufacturer's name and model number.

OP
LeonX

LeonX

Registered
Before we can tell you whether or not your PSU is up to the task, we'll need some info about the PSU.

What's its wattage?
How many amps are on the 12v rails?

This info can usually be found on a sticker on the PSU. If there isn't a sticker, then look for a manufacturer's name and model number.
Its an generical thing..i mean, i bought my 45 $ case, and its a 500w psu...
it DOESNT have and extra connector for vid card, so it uses the PciE as a supply..

i can only see a serial number,some rows that says "ORANGE,and other colors"..hard to see

mas5acre

one word is all u need to describe that psu if it had a spec sheet....trash. Don't even try it. Using a psu that comes with a case is like giving a senior citizen, who you never met before, the keys to your Ferrari. Forget the gpu upgrade for now. A quality psu is essential to every build. Hope that didn't sound mean.

Chixofnix

one word is all u need to describe that psu if it had a spec sheet....trash. Don't even try it. Using a psu that comes with a case is like giving a senior citizen, who you never met before, the keys to your Ferrari. Forget the gpu upgrade for now. A quality psu is essential to every build. Hope that didn't sound mean.

Not mean, but could be more thorough ;).

LeonX, recognize that the 5770 (and perhaps/likely the other cards) do require a distinct power connection. In the case of the 5770 (which I'm familiar with), you need to have a 6-pin connection, preferably on it's own dedicated lead from the PSU. If your PSU doesn't already have this you'll physically need a 6-pin adapter, which will suck up two of your 4-pin molexes (example).

More to the point, I don't subscribe to the "if I don't know the specs it must be a pile of dung" mentality for PSU's, and there are decent PSU's out there that come with cases, but some caution is definitely in line. Snap a photo of any info on the PSU label(s) if you like... You should verify the make/model's capacity, specifically regarding the rated rail amperages. Post back with that info and you're sure to get more specific advice ;).

You might concurrently plug all of your system, with your chosen card, into a rail amperage, PSU capacity calculator like this:

http://web.aanet.com.au/SnooP/psucalc.php

mas5acre

Not mean, but could be more thorough ;).

LeonX, recognize that the 5770 (and perhaps/likely the other cards) do require a distinct power connection. In the case of the 5770 (which I'm familiar with), you need to have a 6-pin connection, preferably on it's own dedicated lead from the PSU. If your PSU doesn't already have this you'll physically need a 6-pin adapter, which will suck up two of your 4-pin molexes (example).

More to the point, I don't subscribe to the "if I don't know the specs it must be a pile of dung" mentality for PSU's, and there are decent PSU's out there that come with cases, but some caution is definitely in line. Snap a photo of any info on the PSU label(s) if you like... You should verify the make/model's capacity, specifically regarding the rated rail amperages. Post back with that info and you're sure to get more specific advice ;).

You might concurrently plug all of your system, with your chosen card, into a rail amperage, PSU capacity calculator like this:

http://web.aanet.com.au/SnooP/psucalc.php

-------------------------------------------------

I guess I just got learned...Anyway, everyone seemed to keep telling me never to us a psu that came with a case unless its an earthwatts. Most ssem like they're no name brands. Idk....I put alot of trust in using my psu,
I mean it runs everything & I want reliability, especially with a new gpu.