• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Catalyst drivers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cannibaltrout

Why the hell is it that the Vertical Sync option changes in like every driver release? sometime it's a slider that you can set to force vsync, sometimes like with the 3.4s it's a button that you can on have off or app prefrence but not force????? I want my damm VSync forced on everything :-(

PreservedSwine

cannibaltrout said:
Why the hell is it that the Vertical Sync option changes in like every driver release? sometime it's a slider that you can set to force vsync, sometimes like with the 3.4s it's a button that you can on have off or app prefrence but not force????? I want my damm VSync forced on everything :-(

It's been a slider for a while. If you still have a button, you might not have the right control panel installed. Each set of CAT's uses a *different* control panel. If you try and use the same control panel for (2) different set of video drivers, wierd things will happen. I *think* it's been a slider for the last 4 releases of CAT's. It's never gone back to the button. If it shows the button for you, uninstall, then re-install the proper control panel for your version of CAT's.