• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Corsair H115i software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richard8971

Registered
I installed a Corsair H115i a few months ago and recently decided to install the software that came with it.

The first thing that happened was that my fans started running a lot faster and got pretty loud. The second thing was that my CPU temp went up about 10 degrees C. I have tried to use the software to set my fans back to "Balanced" or "Quiet" mode but nothing changes no matter what setting I choose. I would like to use the software but I will simply uninstall it if it will not let me make any changes. My CPU ran a lot cooler without the software installed.

I downloaded the LINK software directly from the Corsair website and for some reason the LINK software shows that I have a H115i but the Windows Device manager shows that it is a Corsair 7289 Device.

If this matters I am currently running an AMD 6350 o/cd to 2.7GHz on an MSI 970 gaming MB. My CPU temps (at idle) were 32-35c before the software install and they are about 41-50c now.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

D

UPDATE:

OK, so all of a sudden, the fan speed varies depending on the CPU speed. It ramps up when the CPU temp rises and then slows down when it drops back to normal levels. I don't understand why nothing has changed up until now.

Performance Mode seems to be the one that changes speed the most. Balanced and Quiet mode don't seem to do much so far.

D

Try reinstalling Corsair Link. It's had some bugs over the years. I used it with a h100i, and it's still in that rig. I found the ability to change modes convenient for the balance between noisy and cool. Those Corsair fans can make some racket. LOL

Is your chip a FX 6350? If so, 2.7 GHz isn't an OC. They run at 3.9/4.2.

5.0GHz.jpeg
Try reinstalling Corsair Link. It's had some bugs over the years. I used it with a h100i, and it's still in that rig. I found the ability to change modes convenient for the balance between noisy and cool. Those Corsair fans can make some racket. LOL

Is your chip a FX 6350? If so, 2.7 GHz isn't an OC. They run at 3.9/4.2.

LOL. I meant 4.7Ghz. I've had it up to 5Ghz but it isn't super stable. 4.8GHz is mostly stable but can crash every once and a while. 4.7Ghz seems to be the sweet spot on this particular chip.

I'll try reinstalling the software. Thanks for the tip.

D

In Corsair link:

- click on the AIO pump and set to performance. (The coolant flow in these AIOs is low, so this makes a difference.)
- click on the AIO fans, and set the % to a fixed value (as high as you can stand at first). The name of the game here is to keep your coolant temp below 39 C during your typical use (from my experience). When you stress the CPU, the coolant temps will increase...but that's normal.
- the default Link profiles control the fan speed off the AIO coolant temp. When this gets above 40 C, it sets the fans to 100% unless you are running a fixed % like above.

Back